Petition against the CSA

Mpenza

quote:Originally posted by RealGooner

John, were u the big guy wearing glasses sitting by dbailey? Cuz i said hi on my way out but forgot to ask your handle. So I guess I know who you are (if you are who I think you are).

Yes I was the tallest,probably biggest and certainly oldest guy there. I only need these glasses to read. You got me in a menu moment.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
quote:Originally posted by mcgill

In 1971, Sam Berger owner of the Montreal Alouettes got a franchise in the NASL (the Montreal Olympique) to try to make more money with the Autostade that the Als rented on package deal basis. This team was last in the league for 3 years and then folded. He lined up players on loan from lower English divisions and reserve teams and these guys had to go back before the end of the season leaving the team with a lack of players. By the way, did you know that Graeme Souness played for the Olympique.

NE Revolution has the lowest payroll in the MLS. Why? They are owned by the owner of the NE Patriots of the NFL and also owner of the stadium. His first goal: money for the stadium.

What I mean is that the MLSE is primarily a stadium operator and that they operate a soccer team with the only goal of having guaranteed dates in their stadium. For example, they want more US players on the roster, they wanted the MNT coaching staff. They have to operate this team otherwise they wouldn't get the stadium and they will operate this team at the lesser possible cost in money and time for them. The main problem is lesser cost in time not in money.

And, when someone doesn't agree with you, it is not a reason to call him moron or fool.

It is when you post sensless rants.

quote:Originally posted by MLSFAN

It is when you post sensless rants.

mcgill's post was not a senseless rant - especially in comparison to your own. Whether you agree with him or not, he made his points well. No reason to describe that post as a "senseless rant"

You are obviously "Leafs" "petersoccer" "udinese" etc. in disguise. Why can't you learn how to post nicely? I can understand insulting people if they have insulted you, but so often I am seeing insults flung about just because people are calmly stating a different viewpoint. Have respect for other views. Otherwise I'm sure the mods will keep taking the same action, which is unfortunate. It doesn't have to be this way.

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

mcgill's post was not a senseless rant - especially in comparison to your own. Whether you agree with him or not, he made his points well. No reason to describe that post as a "senseless rant"

You are obviously "Leafs" "petersoccer" "udinese" etc. in disguise. Why can't you learn how to post nicely? I can understand insulting people if they have insulted you, but so often I am seeing insults flung about just because people are calmly stating a different viewpoint. Have respect for other views. Otherwise I'm sure the mods will keep taking the same action, which is unfortunate. It doesn't have to be this way.

Whatever, I guess you are the only one who can disagree, read his post again. Its long winded and pointless, More hate.

Archived