JDG2 to Arsenal?

http://home.skysports.com/list.asp?hlid=323008&CPID=8&clid=&lid=2&title=Wenger+watched+Dutch+talents

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has travelled to Holland in order to assess potential recruits for his Highbury squad.

The Gunners have fruitfully raided Holland in the past with the purchase of in-form youngster Robin van Persie, and Wenger has been watching his former club Feyenoord in action.

The French tactician is casting his eye over the Rotterdam side as they take on Vitesse on Sunday, with a range of players cited as potential targets in the Dutch media.

Arsenal have previously been linked with star forwards Dirk Kuyt and Romeo Castelen, whilst Egyptian midfielder Hossam Ghaly has made no secret of his desire to turn out for the London outfit.

However, emerging talents Salomon Kalou and Jonathan de Guzman have also been put forward as prospective signings for The Gunners.

This could be excellent for Jonathan... provided he can at least see some regular time with the reserves, and an occasional Prem appearance as he continues to develop. A remarkable accomplishment for the young man.

It may also bode well for JDG2 choosing to play for Canada, as it may tend to diminish his understandable attachment to Holland and the Dutch.

I'm going to disagre with how arsenal dont like youngsters... maybe thats the old arsenal, but the premiership has changed. If you can look at the man u's and the arsenals they have changed there team alot and filled them with youth. The only team that hates youth and inexperience is chelsea. Arsenal would be a good move for him but would hurt me as a spurs fan :(

I'm going to disagre with how arsenal dont like youngsters... maybe thats the old arsenal, but the premiership has changed. If you can look at the man u's and the arsenals they have changed there team alot and filled them with youth. The only team that hates youth and inexperience is chelsea. Arsenal would be a good move for him but would hurt me as a spurs fan :(

What kind of passport does JdG2 have? Because if it is only Canadian, a move to England will serve to strengthen his ties to Holland as he will need to get an EU passport to Play in England until such time as he might fit with Britain's work permit rules: 75% of the SMNT matches over two years and a FIFA ranking higher than 80 something...neither of which applies to him. Otherwise it is special appeal (a la Peters) which will take longer than becoming Dutch.

Big Arsenal fan I am, and hope to see the day that a Canadian or two dress for them, but at this point, I am in the "stay in holland camp" until his cap future is determined.

quote:Originally posted by bettermirror

a move to arsenal would be a bad one. they don't like blooding youngsters. he needs to establish first team experience at feyenoord first.

:( huh are you serious??? Arsenal has one of the youngest squads in the League. Clichy, Fabragas, Van persie, Quincy, Flamini, are all U23. Fabragas is 18

Archived