Report from Santander

Guest Jeffery S.

Thanks Jeffrey, very interesting. Just one question, I think you spoke to both Yallop and Mitchell, did you ask about Daniel Fernandes? If yes, what were the answers?

I'm looking forward to watch this game, it will e quite interesting to watch, it's a pretty good result. From the highlights I saw, Grande's goal was awesome and I think people are tough on our GK to ask to holf the ball on the second goal, wasn't an easy pick up (but yes he dropped a few one...but I,ll judge him when I'll see the whole game).

Thanks again Jeffrey

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by loyola

Thanks Jeffrey, very interesting. Just one question, I think you spoke to both Yallop and Mitchell, did you ask about Daniel Fernandes? If yes, what were the answers?

I'm looking forward to watch this game, it will e quite interesting to watch, it's a pretty good result. From the highlights I saw, Grande's goal was awesome and I think people are tough on our GK to ask to holf the ball on the second goal, wasn't an easy pick up (but yes he dropped a few one...but I,ll judge him when I'll see the whole game).

Thanks again Jeffrey

I guess that is the one question I missed, probably should have simply expressed fan doubts before the game about Kenny, and about depth chart in Europe. But since Frank was forthcoming about speaking to me after the press conference I sort of let it go and did not pressure him on this one. Sorry.

Okay, so from what Jeffrey wrote, it appears that the opening formations were (subs in brackets and italics under players replaced, their positions not corresponding of course):

Spain:

Right-------------------------------------------------------Left

------------------------Reina GK

Ramos-----------Juanito----------Pablo-----------Lopez

-----------------Orbaiz (Alonso)

Luis Garcia (Vicente)--------------------DeLaPena(Luque)

----------------Tamundo(Morientes)---Luque (Joaquin)

-------------------------Torres (Raul)

Canada:

Left---------------------------------------------------Right

----Radzinski---------------Gerba (Simson /)

-------------------------------------------De Rosario (Placentino)

--Bernier (Grande)--DeGuzman-------------------Serioux

Klukowski--------------Hutchison--McKenna----------------Braz

-------------------------Stamatopoulos GK----------------

Jeffrey did say that the three forwards for Canada would often move back and forward in relation to each other, and at one point Radzinski moved over to the right.

Archived