Frank Resigns!!!

canso

Farina that is. What does that have to do with Canada's Men's National Team? Well nothing on the surface, excpet that we also have a manager named Frank that needs to be told that he's not welcome any longer. Important to note here that there was an online campaign by the fans that seemed to contribute a lot of pressure.

After seeing Birmingham fans effectively block the Lee Bowyer transfer recently, it seems we are entering a new era where the average fan can influence decisions and have a greater say in the shape of the teams they support.

It is time to wield that power! Who's with me?

------------------------------------------------------------------

"Frank Farina has left his post as Australia coach.

The Australian federation announced today they had 'mutually agreed to end their association' with Farina, bringing an end to his six-year spell in charge of the Socceroos.

The 40-year-old said: 'Ever increasing speculation on my position is not something that I want to see affect the performance of the team and the potential for that happening has led to this announcement.

'We have the players and the backing to get us to the World Cup and no single element of our approach should be allowed to undermine that.'

Australia lost all three of their games in the recent Confederations Cup in Germany, including a shock 2-0 defeat to Tunisia.

They will play an international against Colombia in August in London ahead of World Cup qualifiers against the Solomon Islands in September. They then play Jamaica in London in October before the final World Cup qualifying hurdle - a home-and-away series against the fifth-ranked South American nation.

Federation chairman Frank Lowy said: 'Frank Farina has been a dedicated coach over the past six years who has given his all for Australian football and we wish him well with his future endeavours.

'However, it is important to now move on and focus on the World Cup campaign; our responsibility is to do everything possible to ensure that Australia will be competing in Germany in 2006.

'We have said that we would be leaving no stone unturned to qualify for the World Cup."

quote:Originally posted by canso

...we also have a manager named Frank that needs to be told that he's not welcome any longer.

Please post your football/soccer related resume here, as compared to Mr. Yallop, and let us decide if you are qualified enough to say that.

Include your playing career, coaching career and executive level accomplishments.

Thank you.

quote:Originally posted by Loud Mouth Soup

Please post your football/soccer related resume here, as compared to Mr. Yallop, and let us decide if you are qualified enough to say that.

Okay.

1) Have never finished Dead Fu'king Last in a World Cup Qualifying group stage.

2) Have never alienated any top flight footballer from any of Europe's leagues.

3) Have scored as many goals in the English top tier as the last two of Canada's senior MNT managers. Zero.

4) "Why not?"

5) I'm taller and have a deeper, more manly voice.

6) I've never choosen Corazzin for anything in the last 4 years.

And so on, and so sorth.

Okay.

1) Have never finished Dead Fu'king Last in a World Cup Qualifying group stage.

2) Have never alienated any top flight footballer from any of Europe's leagues.

3) Have scored as many goals in the English top tier as the last two of Canada's senior MNT managers. Zero.

4) "Why not?"

5) I'm taller and have a deeper, more manly voice.

6) I've never choosen Corazzin for anything in the last 4 years.

And so on, and so sorth.

Why not hire a cat then? I'm sure the cat would be much easier to shoo away when his/her performance displeases everyone.

If this board had the capability, I'd rep you for that analogy.

Why not hire a cat then? I'm sure the cat would be much easier to shoo away when his/her performance displeases everyone.

If this board had the capability, I'd rep you for that analogy.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Yallop potted 7 for Ipswich.

;)

(Was just being dramatic).

Point being, Canada hired a relatively inexperienced manager in Yallop who was also a virgin on the international stage on practicaly the eve of WCQ.

So in that scense, hiring for example a domestic house cat, or maybe even a Cheeta, would likely produce the same results at the end of the day. Rather predictable results too. Dead last in group with one point on home grounds in 3 matchs and By-By Germany 2006.

Personaly, had Frankie stuck out the year at San Jose and let Miller/Holger take the fall during a failed WCQ campain I wouldn't be on his back right now. But he didn't. He gambled, he lost, and we pay the price.

Unless I see some sort of miracle in the Gold Cup I've got no patience for rookie international coachs with loosing records. At least ones in Canada kits. Seen too much of that most of my adult life.

quote:Originally posted by youllneverwalkalone

Yallop potted 7 for Ipswich.

;)

(Was just being dramatic).

Point being, Canada hired a relatively inexperienced manager in Yallop who was also a virgin on the international stage on practicaly the eve of WCQ.

So in that scense, hiring for example a domestic house cat, or maybe even a Cheeta, would likely produce the same results at the end of the day. Rather predictable results too. Dead last in group with one point on home grounds in 3 matchs and By-By Germany 2006.

Personaly, had Frankie stuck out the year at San Jose and let Miller/Holger take the fall during a failed WCQ campain I wouldn't be on his back right now. But he didn't. He gambled, he lost, and we pay the price.

Unless I see some sort of miracle in the Gold Cup I've got no patience for rookie international coachs with loosing records. At least ones in Canada kits. Seen too much of that most of my adult life.

:D

Ah what the Hell, one more.

Okay accepting that certain quarters here about feel that Yallop's managment skills are less than, or at best, equal to your average domestic house cat, and that said cat being true to it's nature is impossable to get rid of*, one could say that should Yallop somehow survive to become a successful and popular Canadian MNT boss he should hence force be call The Cat in recognition of the inability of that certain quarter to get rid of him despite all efforts.

Frankie "The Cat" Yallop.

I soooo want Frankie to turn this around. Especially now.

*Temporarily or otherwise. Like when shedding on your Sexiest-Going-Out-Gear just as you're about to head out the door. Drinking from your last glass of beer while you're not looking on that hot and humid "the vendors already closed" Sunday evening. Or to prevent the creature from pissing all over the Father's boots while he's blessing the house. Impossible tasks.

:D

Ah what the Hell, one more.

Okay accepting that certain quarters here about feel that Yallop's managment skills are less than, or at best, equal to your average domestic house cat, and that said cat being true to it's nature is impossable to get rid of*, one could say that should Yallop somehow survive to become a successful and popular Canadian MNT boss he should hence force be call The Cat in recognition of the inability of that certain quarter to get rid of him despite all efforts.

Frankie "The Cat" Yallop.

I soooo want Frankie to turn this around. Especially now.

*Temporarily or otherwise. Like when shedding on your Sexiest-Going-Out-Gear just as you're about to head out the door. Drinking from your last glass of beer while you're not looking on that hot and humid "the vendors already closed" Sunday evening. Or to prevent the creature from pissing all over the Father's boots while he's blessing the house. Impossible tasks.

The problem with a cat is that the players would never really where they stood. One minute its in your lap purring away, the next its making a point of ignoring you. Some of our players seem a bit too fragile for that kind of style.

quote:Originally posted by Cheeta

[

Herein lies the dilema that the CSA faces: we are Canada, were are ranked 90th with a host of diffulties that no quasi serious soccer nation faces: Just who is the CSA going to be able to attract? Coaches with a modest - at best - pedigree, neophytes, and formerly highly regarded coaches who had a few fvck-ups and lost their luster. Which is good in reality because the CSA can't afford to pay anyone better than that. So the hiring decision is: Do I hire a neophyte with potential or do I hire the best of questionable but experienced applicants. Its a tough question, especially if you need some stability. Is Yallop going to be a better coach in the long run than say, a Jean Tianga? Which would benefit Canada the most. Is stability something we need in addition to competence: because a Jean Tianga is goona leave ASAP if he has success and regains his shine. And maybe that would have been the best thing. A WC appearance and Yallop having 2.5 years to get his act together and get a handle on the players. But failure to qualify and we are stuck with him.

When you hire a neophyte, you take the chances of rookie mistakes. But in the long run, you may come out stronger. I don't know what was going through Yallop's head, but the squad he called for Belieze, minus Nsaliwa and *possibly* Aguiar was as strong a side as we have seen in years. And then he gutted it. Apparently on the basis of a few good performances against a half hearted Hearts and Millwall side. Really, who would have figured on that?

Archived