CSA Player Scouting Oversight

analyst

quote:Originally posted by footyfanatic01

I feel bad for the kid...My sources tell me He was the best player in BC without a doubt. It's too bad, we need a kid like this on the Canadian national team.

analyst, you been following Super Y-league?

Yes too bad for the kid, he endured lots of disappointment in BC, Its also bad for us fans of the game. I went out of my way many times to watch him play and was never disappointed.

His dad didn't help much either, he had contempt for the BCSA coaches and he let them know. I can't prove that the BCSA coach kept him off the team this year because of his dad, but suspect that to be true.

As for the Super Y league, no I haven't been watching them this year. But I saw that the Whitecaps U16 Super Y league team tied the BCSA U16 all-star team in a game last weekend.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was his dad angry that Vlad never made the provincial team? Or was He just mad about how the association is run?

BTW, I heard Vlad couldn't afford the BC Provincial team anyways...so why would his dad be angry? Oh and I also heard the kid had AMAZING talent (crazy skill)...Would of like to seen the player play.

What a dissapointment. Damn CSA.

Players with potential skills to join Canada like Hargreaves look at CMNT and the CSA record over the last 20 years and their treatment of potential talent and its a simple decision.

Most of the top soccer talent in Canada has also wisely decided to seperate themselves from the CSA and their agents and coachs have advised them to do so if they want to become skillful,well paid professionals.

player agents or parents of talented Canadian youth with foreign soccer contacts at prominent pro soccer clubs worldwide wisely advise their players to go there and bypass the CSA entirely.

If the CSA record doesnt permanently deter any potential player then certainly their ignorance and arrogant attitude will insure players go elsewhere.

quote:Originally posted by fan

Players with potential skills to join Canada like Hargreaves look at CMNT and the CSA record over the last 20 years and their treatment of potential talent and its a simple decision.

Most of the top soccer talent in Canada has also wisely decided to seperate themselves from the CSA and their agents and coachs have advised them to do so if they want to become skillful,well paid professionals.

player agents or parents of talented Canadian youth with foreign soccer contacts at prominent pro soccer clubs worldwide wisely advise their players to go there and bypass the CSA entirely.

If the CSA record doesnt permanently deter any potential player then certainly their ignorance and arrogant attitude will insure players go elsewhere.

Really? Please enlighten us as to all the "top soccer talent" other than Hargreaves that have also separated themselves from Canada.

Joey Torchia........one of the greatest canadian talent ever, but due to the CSA incompetence he decided he was better not to play for Canada at all. But the guy was just a pure talent with amazing skills that would have made Zidane look like a schoolboy.

Thanks CSA!!!

Joey Torchia........one of the greatest canadian talent ever, but due to the CSA incompetence he decided he was better not to play for Canada at all. But the guy was just a pure talent with amazing skills that would have made Zidane look like a schoolboy.

Thanks CSA!!!

As I tried to say before, I tried to blame this on the CSA, but found out that the CSA didd not know about Vukovic until too late because the B.C.SA didn't promote him like they did other players.

B.C.SA was probably at him or his dad for turning down the offer to play on its all-star team. The dad told me he turned down the offer for 3 reasons.

1) The B.C.SA wanted $2,500 for a three month stint with the team whereas the Abbotsford Super Y league team only charged $700.

2) The B.C.SA team was a U15 team and it was not competing in the national championship that year, therefore players on the team would get limited exposure. U15 SuperYLeague teams competed for a chance to play at the Canada US Super Y League championships in Florida, with lots of good exposure.

3) His dad was worried about possible injury to his son, because the U15 B.C.SA team was entered in tournaments in the US against teams two and three years older. Young Vukovic's greatest asset is dribbling and beating guys 1v1, so he would have been a target of the older bigger opponents. Big strong defenders don't like being shown up by smaller skillful players and sometimes go into tackles very hard to intimidate their opponents.

quote:Originally posted by fan

Pure rubbish!!! Agents do not act in the interest of anyone except themselves. Its business!! Do you know for a fact that these so called great players won't approached by CSA, OSA, BCS. I know of one instance where a player was constantly invited by the Provincial Association and the CSA (from what I heard from the player himself), but his father blocked the player. In his father words "My boy is going to be a pro, why should he play for the Province." Guess what the boy never made it and now he just bums around the local league.

In too many instances parents through agents putting Sh*# in their head, believe big $$$$ are possible. Too many people blame others too deflect the facts. Owen is a one of situation and if you spoke to the coach involved he admitted in the papers the boy had talent, he just felt he was not ready yet physically and with time would develop. Hargreaves made his choice. If the coach picked only the most talented but maybe lacking in the physical side and lost in the tournament, you guys would be saying fire the coach. Lets face facts we all know players who are talented but maybe not ready yet. In time they develop and blossom. What is wrong with that? The fact is the talent was developed in Canada, plucked by Professional clubs (which is good) then those people turn around and abandon Canada. Why not talk about that?

quote:Originally posted by Observer

Pure rubbish!!! Agents do not act in the interest of anyone except themselves. Its business!! Do you know for a fact that these so called great players won't approached by CSA, OSA, BCS. I know of one instance where a player was constantly invited by the Provincial Association and the CSA (from what I heard from the player himself), but his father blocked the player... Lets face facts we all know players who are talented but maybe not ready yet. In time they develop and blossom. What is wrong with that? The fact is the talent was developed in Canada, plucked by Professional clubs (which is good) then those people turn around and abandon Canada. Why not talk about that?

Observer, I agree with most of what you wrote, but have doubts about the extent of the role that Canada played in developing these players and then the disloyalty they show by leaving Canada.

Jacob Lensky, was quoted in a newspaper saying that he never played for the BCSA provincial team and that his best coach was his dad. His dad also chose to pay private soccer schools to help train his son, rather than paying to be involved in the BCSA program. Vukovic was trained by his father also, his father ran his own soccer school and trained his son every day. The BCSA and CSA did nothing to help either of them. Marcus Haber, one of the underage players on the national U17 team has been attending the Roman Tulis soccer school for years and his parents pay big bucks for the regular Tulis program plus they paid thousands least year to include Haber in a trip to Europe with a Tulis team last year.

Many parents of top players in BC spend thousands each year sending their children to private soccer schools. If they want to play for the BCSA provincial team then they have to pay thousands more. The BCSA and the CSA are not devloping these talents. They are being developed by private coaches, and paid for by the parents. Maybe someday elite players won't have to pay to be on the provincial team. When that day arrives then the provincial Associations can begin to say they helped develop the players.

quote:Originally posted by analyst

Observer, I agree with most of what you wrote, but have doubts about the extent of the role that Canada played in developing these players and then the disloyalty they show by leaving Canada.

Jacob Lensky, was quoted in a newspaper saying that he never played for the BCSA provincial team and that his best coach was his dad. His dad also chose to pay private soccer schools to help train his son, rather than paying to be involved in the BCSA program. Vukovic was trained by his father also, his father ran his own soccer school and trained his son every day. The BCSA and CSA did nothing to help either of them. Marcus Haber, one of the underage players on the national U17 team has been attending the Roman Tulis soccer school for years and his parents pay big bucks for the regular Tulis program plus they paid thousands least year to include Haber in a trip to Europe with a Tulis team last year.

Many parents of top players in BC spend thousands each year sending their children to private soccer schools. If they want to play for the BCSA provincial team then they have to pay thousands more. The BCSA and the CSA are not devloping these talents. They are being developed by private coaches, and paid for by the parents. Maybe someday elite players won't have to pay to be on the provincial team. When that day arrives then the provincial Associations can begin to say they helped develop the players.

Analyst look if the parents pay Tulis or who ever they were still developed here. The provincial progam is just another stepping stone. Most countries the club do the development of players so scouting and evaluation is relatively easy. If they do not play for the Province then how are they to be scouted by the CSA. Its not like a National Youth coach going to watch Boca Youth play River. So now the National staff of whom there are two Mitchell and Hart have to depend on someone seeing them in a club game. I hear people talking about Y League. I went to see this Y League when I was in BC and quite frankly it was poor quality. So now you have PDL,Y League, BC youth League. etc. If the same money was invested Provincially maybe the quality would be better. Tulis for all his good did not develop Haber or Marrello they had a base of talent before they came to him. Someone did the work. So ok Lensky father did the work he did a good job, now if Lensky desides to play for someone else is that CSA fault.

The National Training Centers for Canada are free once identified the players are asked to attend for FREE. If they turn down the invitation, who's fault is that. All I am saying is stop laying blame. The players can play for Canada they are invited and they say NO! They made their choice don't say its because of this one and that one.

quote:Originally posted by footyfanatic01

I guess your right. At least I dont post stuff that has ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with the thread. Hats off to you mate.

Except, the thread started out as a "Canada missing out on a Bosnian" one. Maybe you should actually think before you post drivel.

Alex

Archived