Canada's Group and how it will Finish?

soccerbeast

quote:As i have asked other posters,

and still have not received an answer to,,After the Guatemala game

what do we have to be positive about?

the Players?

Jamie Peters, Adrian Serioux, Ante Jazic. Well, there's three I have to be positive about.

And who says we HAVE to win all those matches to continue on? There are other nations playing other nations in the group. We HAVE to play for the best results. 4 of 5 is close to the best we can play for.

As an aside, do you live in a shack, typing out your thoughts for 8 hours per day, grumbling and mumbling as you sip a steaming hot glass of sap from the tree out back? My God, are you bitter.

Not Bitter just fed up with the lack of direction of the National team and Canadain soccer in general, where's that league the CSA said they

were going to get started? Nothing against the A-league, but we need our own league with teams playing in stadiums that are easy to get to

(Listening Toronto Lynx). Yes the national youth team performance was great for canadian soccer, but why isn't there more of their players on the national Team? We could drop Raz and Pech ,Onstad to make room for them>

Soccer beast, you have never played any type of sports in your life have you? You obviously dont know the first thing about competitiveness in sports. What happens from time to time is that teams lose, some more than others but thats life. All of us on here have chosen to cheer for Canada because we all believe that we are going to make the World cup. Call us crazy for supporting a team that loses to Guatemala, call us whatever. The thing is that we can win, all we have to do is show up. Who cares if there is no new soccer league, that has nothing to do with the present so deal with it. Its the players you should be concerned with and at the moment they are pretty fu cking good. Last game we had a team that was 50% new. **** happens we had injuries, rats, bad doctors. If you dont want to be let down because you are scared, then go kick around a ball in the park. Theres no time for people with no spirit, that dont believe.

quote:Originally posted by Alex

Soccer beast, you have never played any type of sports in your life have you? You obviously dont know the first thing about competitiveness in sports. What happens from time to time is that teams lose, some more than others but thats life. All of us on here have chosen to cheer for Canada because we all believe that we are going to make the World cup. Call us crazy for supporting a team that loses to Guatemala, call us whatever. The thing is that we can win, all we have to do is show up. Who cares if there is no new soccer league, that has nothing to do with the present so deal with it. Its the players you should be concerned with and at the moment they are pretty fu cking good. Last game we had a team that was 50% new. **** happens we had injuries, rats, bad doctors. If you dont want to be let down because you are scared, then go kick around a ball in the park. Theres no time for people with no spirit, that dont believe.

yes i have played competitive sports, and yes i know you can't win

all they time. But i also know when a team is not well organized,

or when certain players couldn't give a rats behind about playing

for the country. enough with the injuries,rats,&bad doctors excuses,

real teams don't make excuses they fight them with good hard effort

on the pitch. You say there's no time for people with no spirit or don't believe....does that go for the players as well?

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

There's a line from a song by a band(?) in Australia that fits in nicely here.

"You can't say ©unts in Canada,

because the ©unts don't understand."

You mean you don't support Canadian music, you rather listen to

Australian music, what ever that is. But anthing is better then

contry crap which is what you lot out their like.[:o)]

quote:Originally posted by Current Champ

It's because of people like you that I have to appologize to people from other countries for Brian Adams and Shania.

It's Bryan Adams...but never mind i would appologize for them too,

my god we actually agree on something[:0] Now if only we could agree on football?

Archived