Canada's B team player pool

Champs

I think Frank should include some players from Europe in the squad. These are some players that will probablly get the call:

Roster:

Greg Sutton

Theo Zagar

Mike Franks

Kenny Stamatoplous

Nevio Pizzilito

Gabriel Gervais

Adrian Serioux

Andres Arango

Edgar Bartolomeu

Robbie Aristodemo

Chris Lemrie

Gordin Chin

Jason Bent

Marco Reda

Adam Braz

Nick Dasovic

Martin Nash

Josh Simpson

Johnny Sulentic

Davide Xausa

Terry Dunfield

Kevin Harmse

Tam Nsaliwa

Chris Williams

Sandro Grande

Ali Gerba

Jeff Clarke

Stathios Kappos

Jaimie Lopresti

quote:Originally posted by sstackho

What the hell, throw Corrazin in there too, for the feel-good factor. (At least my feel-good factor)

Absolutely, Corrazin should be there. I don't think Dasovic should be there, but more for the sake of his aching bones than anything else. His dedication to the national program and his hard work on the pitch are indisputable--so if he is being invited on the basis of past contribution, then bring him on. But I think Nick's made it amply clear that he knows the bones are getting raw and rusty, and maybe he doesn't quite have the chops--to mix my metaphors--to help the team much. Still, his leadership on a B side would be well-used.

I'd love to see Reda lead this B squad, to be honest.

Guest Jeffery S.

I am bit surprised that noone would notice the omission so far of a certain player who is on a club in the top flight of a better league than Sweden or Norway, who has represented us before, is still young, but has the misfortune to be of Portuguese background, so glaringly anathema on this board that it's embarrassing.

Who is it that you are referring to Jeffrey? Fernandes? Marcina? DeSerpa (although I do not think he is Portuguese).

I suppose if it is one of those three, they would all merit consideration. However, I think Karim would get the call before Fernandes at this point, at least until Daniel can prove himself in Greece.

Guest Jeffery S.
quote:Originally posted by Ivan

Who is it that you are referring to Jeffrey? Fernandes? Marcina? DeSerpa (although I do not think he is Portuguese).

I suppose if it is one of those three, they would all merit consideration. However, I think Karim would get the call before Fernandes at this point, at least until Daniel can prove himself in Greece.

Kevin. A team promotes to top flight Portugal and offers him a new two-year contract in spite of having played little. But that is not enough to merit a B team callup, mostly because he is not in 2nd tier Norway or in third tier England.

Yes Jeffrey, like most other people on this board I support the exclusion of Portugese people not only from the national team but from public restaurants and move that they should be forced to sit at the back of the bus. Those poor Portugese people are so discriminated against in Canada, it makes me almost embarrassed to be Canadian on Canada Day. Personally I think before one starts talking about racism and conspiracies one should realistically look at the facts. Every time someone names a prospective squad they forget a few players and often some far more prominent than DeSerpa. It is not surprising Kevin would be overlooked considering he was a rarely used sub for a second division team last year and thus rarely appeared on the player results thread. He played sparingly at a mediocre level last year and may end up playing more with the Reserve squad this year than the first team. In general, I would call a key A-league starter over a rarely used Portugese 2nd Division sub. Moreover we do not even know if they will be calling European players for this squad and whether Kevin would be available if called. DeSerpa will be called as soon as he merits selection regardless if he is of Portugese or Martian background. In fact as you mention he has already played for us so he certainly has not been ignored by the CSA.

I am thinking that this will be a North American based team, possibly with maybe one or two Euro's who are viewed as being on the cusp of the full team. I just don't see the CSA shelling out the dough to bring over Euro based players for a B team game. So I don't think we will see Kenny S, Terry D, Kappos, Bent et</u>. al</u>. Marco Reda, perhaps, as Yallop has not yet had the chance to have a boo at him. I hope that Yallop does not use DD, Onstat or Watson and gives a chance to Sutton, Franks, Gervais, Jason Jordan and the like this time around.

quote:Originally posted by Gordon

I am thinking that this will be a North American based team, possibly with maybe one or two Euro's who are viewed as being on the cusp of the full team. I just don't see the CSA shelling out the dough to bring over Euro based players for a B team game. So I don't think we will see Kenny S, Terry D, Kappos, Bent et</u>. al</u>. Marco Reda, perhaps, as Yallop has not yet had the chance to have a boo at him. I hope that Yallop does not use DD, Onstat or Watson and gives a chance to Sutton, Franks, Gervais, Jason Jordan and the like this time around.

Here, Here.

Yes give the A-League players and a couple of low division foriegn based guys a game against some competition. Let's see how they play .

What's wrong with a B or B minus team of North American based players?

Not only will it give the A-League more credibility in the eyes of the fan but also hopefully build a pool of schooled players that are home based. These players could then sub on the A team easier when Euro clubs balk at releasing players and all the other reasons we always hear.Didn't we see Martin Nash at the last Gold Cup (one example) So give them some time to-gether with MNT coaching . We don't always get the players we want for all competitions.

Archived