Euro 2004 - Denmark vs. Italy [R]

DJT

Final:

Denmark 0 Italy 0

Italy Totti is just a shadow of Roma Totti. Should have replaced him with Pirlo but I guess we don't want to embarass the prince. But with those free kicks he embarassed himself.

That was one of the worst games I've ever seen them play. It was like they got out of the dressing room, realized it was 35 celsius & too hot to play and decided not to bother. They rarely looked in danger of scoring or being scored upon. Talk about a non-event.

bah..they put that child in for Del Piero, and Cassanino gets a petulant yellow for 'shirt pulling'.

The only one who looked up for the game was Zambrotta who looked semi-dangerous on the left..

the keepers played great, Sorensen saved a couple sure goals, and Buffon as well...

half chances mixed in with giving the ball away constantly = boring :(

Hmmm. ... I thought it was a very exciting match. Especially by Italy standards! Totti's first-half free-kick was one of the best of the tournament. Heck, it was better than Zidane's that went in the net - its just that Totti's came from some 30 meteres out so what can you expect?

I thought it an exciting match - may have been 0-0 but lots of chances. Surprised how easily Denmark pushed the ball around and their speed was impressive. I think Denmark was the better team on the day but they'll take the draw, I'm sure.

Typical Italy. They seem to have a history of starting tournaments off horribly, think back to 82, 90, 94, and even Euro 2000, there first game they looked horrible. then they slowly turned it on. there might be be a repeat this year, (Hopefully)

What the Hell was Trapp thinking of putting Gattuso on instead of Pirlo, In the second half. crazy.

quote:Originally posted by nedved9

What the Hell was Trapp thinking of putting Gattuso on instead of Pirlo, In the second half. crazy.

I thought Gattuso was their best player on the day, excluding Buffon who made some amazing saves.

I thought the game was very entertaining! Maybe it was boring if you're an Italy fan, but wouldn't you be used to that? [:P]

Archived