Canada - Spain Thread

Reza

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

Sergio Garcia has made a couple of runs at our goal, one called offside and the other a shot high left.

Whoops, I'm misinterpreting something there--Karim's picked up a yellow. The high left shot may have been a PK, I thought it was talking about the penalty area. Stupid babelfish.

At 29' they're still pressuring us.

Bad call, but at least the ref didn't compound his mistake by awarding the penalty. Karim got the ball and did not deserve a foul let alone a yellow. Although the contact occured in the box, Free kick given just outside. Canada is playing a possession style, but Spain is pressuring the back line which has let to some turnovers. Canada does not have the ball skill that Spain does, so they are occasionally coughing it up under pressure. Since about the 20' mark, we have been conceding the midfield too easily on defence, unlike Spain. The difference between the two teams lies with the relative skills on the ball, in which Spain has an advantage. Marshall is having a tough game, several turnovers in dangerous areas. Harmse wasn't doing much either offensively or defensively hence the substitution. Hutchinson playing the back line, looks very good, but I think we need him in the midfield today.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes. Hume is active and fighting for space but he needs the ball on the ground. Since the 20min mark Canada is content to just boot it up to him. With Simpson marked closely, their main route to the goal is eliminated so I think they panicked. Hopefully they'll sort that out at half-time. We've had about 3 or 4 strong chances. You get the feeling we are going to score, it's just a matter of Hume catching a break.

If we can get Simpson's runs back into the game, we can easily equalise. Simpson's pace is causing the Spanish markers nightmares. At the start they could not stop him without fouling him.

quote:Originally posted by JayWay

Yes. Hume is active and fighting for space but he needs the ball on the ground. Since the 20min mark Canada is content to just boot it up to him. With Simpson marked closely, their main route to the goal is eliminated so I think they panicked. Hopefully they'll sort that out at half-time. We've had about 3 or 4 strong chances. You get the feeling we are going to score, it's just a matter of Hume catching a break.

If we can get Simpson's runs back into the game, we can easily equalise. Simpson's pace is causing the Spanish markers nightmares. At the start they could not stop him without fouling him.

Well I'm sure we can count on Hume...

WOOOO HOOOO!

Didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but now Massimo's gone and done it, I can say what I want! And it's HUME! HUME! HUME!

The Spanish tracker posted this at 51':

"Canada waits for the counterstroke and Spain keeps the ball and it does not risk it."

I guess Hume and Simpson hooked up again... freakin' WILD!

UNDERDOGS, UNDERDOGS, UNDERDOGS!!!

ALLEZ, ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!!

Can you see it now, Hume lining up beside Ronaldo at Real Madrid?

:D

Blair (alas, at work)

quote:Originally posted by mattbin

WOOOO HOOOO!

Didn't want to let the cat out of the bag but now Massimo's gone and done it, I can say what I want! And it's HUME! HUME! HUME!

The Spanish tracker posted this at 51':

"Canada waits for the counterstroke and Spain keeps the ball and it does not risk it."

I guess Hume and Simpson hooked up again... freakin' WILD!

UNDERDOGS, UNDERDOGS, UNDERDOGS!!!

ALLEZ, ALLEZ ALLEZ ALLEZ!!!!

Archived