Canada - Spain Thread

Reza

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just about time for everybody's favourite, extra time. Looks like we might get it, which is a shame for my poor 16-year old heart...it's golden goal, isn't it?

And if anybody gets us the winner, it'll be Iain Hume. Or Alim Karim as the eleventh penalty shooter.

Judging by all the 'off the post' descriptions, Joe, I don't doubt it. But I'm incredibly worried. I need to leave the computer around nine Mountain which means that I face the very real, very terrifying prospect of missing the winner if we go deep into extra time or a penalty shootout.

Spain is just so good. You'd never know they were down a man. Playing very smart, putting it out on the wings and having their man run at the defence. Very nice looking team. Matondo did very well to draw some yellows and ultimately get the red out. I am very impressed with the way Canada has been playing to their ability. Spain still very dangerous. Man, rueing the missed net on the rebound off of Hume Free Kick. Gaping net! Go Canada.

I'm very pleasantly surprised at how well Canada's been handling the sheer pressure of playing in a game like this. I've practically got the shakes and I'm sitting at school watching. But, then again, we haven't won anything since Craig Forrest and a certain Gold Cup, so perhaps I'm just wanting.

I reiterate: Iain Hume for the winner. Towards the half of extra time.

Archived