Belotte

PortoMarco

The first reserve game was between Wisla II and a 3rd division regional league team. In essence they played an amateur team that's why he scored two goals. Since then however most fans think he just doesn't have enough what it takes to play regularly for the Reserve team, let alone the main team.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

And he was a powerhouse at Les Jeux de la Francophonie. Surprising that he hasn't been able to equate that type of performance professionally.

Hardly surprising. Les Jeux de la Francophonie ranks right up there with the Special Olympics.

Yes, Belotte has shown a lot of promise at times. However, much more often than not he has failed to live up to it. Why cling to those brief moments when most of the time he has been a disappointment? In other words, why be so surprised when he fails to make an impression when really this is what usually happens? I haven't given up hope, but, considering what I continue to see posted about him, I think a bit more realism is required.

quote:Originally posted by Ed

Hardly surprising. Les Jeux de la Francophonie ranks right up there with the Special Olympics.

Ed...

I started out by posting one nasty reply to this post...but I went back and read a lot of your past posts and I've haven't seen any other examples of a faux-pas. So I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and determine that you weren't calling french-speaking people disabled.

And for your information, the quality of the soccer matches at Les Jeux was top class. I went to every match, and I'll assume you didn't make it down to Ottawa from Calgary.

Sorry if I'm being a little sensitive about the comment.

Rest assured the remark was not meant to be anti French. I lived and worked with Quebecois for many years before I moved out west and I don't quite fit the Alberta "PC till I die" mould thanks. Much more Ottawa valley in me than red-neck prairie farmer.

Obviously we disagree with the level of soccer at those games.

I think Belotte is slowly evolving into one of those stories you'll talk about 10 years from now. "He was a sure thing; what went wrong?".

quote:

"He was a sure thing; what went wrong?".

He's only 19, there might be some hope. Wisla Krakow had a scrimmage using their young players today in which Belotte as a second half substitute scored a goal. His team, the Reds won against the Whites by a score of 2-1. Both "Red" goals were scored in the second half which is really positive.

quote:Originally posted by Jarrek

He's only 19, there might be some hope. Wisla Krakow had a scrimmage using their young players today in which Belotte as a second half substitute scored a goal. His team, the Reds won against the Whites by a score of 2-1. Both "Red" goals were scored in the second half which is really positive.

To quote the immortal (figuratively of course :() Jim Morrison, "We want the world and we want it now!" Lets see how it goes and give our saviours a chance to grow. Hell, (blasphamey) Jesus was 30 before he started turning any miracles. And turning water into wine is far easier than turning Canada into a soccer power.

Oh that's easy!

Three Wise Men; Based strictly upon their commitment to continualy posting **** that makes scence in the real world (and screwing it up for the rest of us), topping Mimglow's Premiership pool, having moderators omnipotent-cosmic-power, and an all around general love of silk tunics, robes, and pointy, star covered, hats,,,, drum roll please.

DJT, Gian-Luca, and Sean Keay!

Virgin; Luis Rancagua. Odvious reasons.

(Who could refuse bait like that?)

Clearly this is a case of aggrivated insult, your honor! It was a set up! I was set up! Andrew W's quote was bait begging for explotation! Hey, I'm the victom here...

And don't feel bad. There realy are only two catagories of posters on this forum. Wise Men and Wise Asses. If you're not on one list certainly you'll be found on the other. Either way, everbody wins!

Clearly this is a case of aggrivated insult, your honor! It was a set up! I was set up! Andrew W's quote was bait begging for explotation! Hey, I'm the victom here...

And don't feel bad. There realy are only two catagories of posters on this forum. Wise Men and Wise Asses. If you're not on one list certainly you'll be found on the other. Either way, everbody wins!

Archived