Perhaps Pesch should be given a go as a starter

An Observer

with Radzinski up front. He seems to be off to quite a good start in Division 1.

Strikers Please Manager

Neil Warnock praised his strikeforce following Tuesday evening's victory at Milton Keynes which kept United at the top of Division One.

Ashley Ward scored his first Blades goal and Paul Peschisolido was again on target as United fought back from a 1-0 deficit.

All the goals arrived in the second half and the travelling contingent returned home happy following their first visit to The National Hockey Stadium.

Warnock was also delighted, particularly with the front two: "There was a bit of confusion about who scored the first goal, but Wardy got it. Pesch is an honest lad and although he wanted it, the ball was a few inches over the line when he followed in.

"Ward is looking fitter with every game and it is the best Pesch has looked at the start of the game for two years.

"It was nice that they both scored and they could turn out to be a decent pairing."

The Blades boss was also pleased with the contribution of other individuals, including Nick Montgomery, who filled in a right-back when Rob Kozluk was ruled out with an ankle problem.

He adds: "We are not blessed with a massive squad and no-one else could fill in at full-back. Monty didn't let us down and made a great saving tackle towards the end, whilst I thought our centre backs held us together."

I obviously think Pesch and Radz should start the Finland mathch. Pesch has proved he can still get the job done as a starter for 90 minutes and deserves a starting place upon his return ti the nats.

De ro seems to be playing well scoring a trick recently so i uess we have some in form strikers to choose from. Lets rejoice and enjoy this moment while we can.

I'd Give the start to Rad and DeRo...As they are younger they need as much time together as possible, but then around the 60th min or so sub one fo them for Pesch...Hey deserves a spot for sure.

its pretty much a given that rad is gonne gte the call right? when wil the official roster be announced?

I'd pick Dwayne Derosario and Tomasz Radzinski as the front

pairing with Pesch as a sub. In future WCQs, I can't see Pesch

with that much pace but his current form has been pretty good

for Sheffield U. To avoid injury, I'd rest him and sub Rad at the

70 min. mark.

Nice to see him do very well considering he was around during the CSL days, and still giving the other teams lots of fits.

re: Pesch as a withdrawn forward

A few coaches (eg: Keegan at Fulham) have already suggested this as a suitable position for Pesch but he rejected the idea, prefering to play only as a striker.

Although I would love to see Radzinski & Pesch start up front, I would give preference to DeRosario over either, since he will be the most reliable to show up for W.C. qualifying.

it said in the match report he created some chances had two late first half chances saved by Poom, made some runs and had someone sent off for a foul on him. its better than him being sent off. It will be interesting to see wether DeRo and/or Onstad are called for this friendly with the MLS in such a pivotal point in the season. whether or not people think Pesch should start ahead of DERo, it will be irrelavant if DD is not there. I know many have been long awaiting to see the Pesch and Radz pairing. There are no more games between now and saturday, the only injuries possible would come in practice so it looks as if finally seeing this duo pair up is becoming more of a reality. Should be interesting to see. With Radz away from the team for 1 year and Pesch away for 2, hopefully they both will come storming back with goals. it was mentioned earlier that Pesch could play as a withdrawn forward more of an attacking midfielder, behind the front two. i think thats a pretty good idea. he has the creativity and it would prolong his playing years. after playing so defensively for so long and struglling to score goals we need more attack minded ideas like this one to try and create goals.

hey!! I`m so glad to finally see that someone would actually play 3 up front, especially with the fowards we have on this roster who are perfect!! Radz and Pesch on the wings and DeRosario in the middle!!..I`d probable play a 4-3-3 (Stalteri in the middle with Bent and Imhoff).

quote:Originally posted by David C.

We could see a "Radzinski - Pesch - DeRosario", three-pronged attack in a 3-4-3 type of formation. Wouldn't that be interesting to see.

3 in the midfield would be an extremely bad idea, especially in the modern game since most team use 4 or 5 midfielders. Canada would basically be conceding midfield position/possession to experienced European players, some with a lot of class. Canada's best bet for success would be to go with a 4-4-2.

Archived