SoccerCentral

Gordon

They need to update their Canucks Abroad list though. Many names missing, plus they had Nash listed with Macclesfield & then interviewed him with the Impact about 2 minutes later.

Enjoyed seeing the De Rosario clip though. :)

And if we can still believe in tomorrow, yesterday will disappear soon enough - IQ, The Wake (1985)

Yeah, very well done.

Looked like the lads at the desk where going through footy withdrawl as badly as some of us here.

Nice interview with Rio F. Excellent feature on the Impact's growing success. A+ from front to back.

P.S. Just getting murdered on my pool picks this weekend. Seen that Arsenal scoreline coming but wrongly went with a hunch,,,. Ug.

"Minority of one"

hi there-

can i ask for those who saw SC today, what they showed of the women's team? i totally forgot about SC's return, and did not phone home to get my dad to tape it (i'm right now in california for another week).

what did i miss? ugh...i hate missing stuff! :D

thanks!

elaine

----

Go Big Red!!

http://www.gobigred.ca

Everything you need to know about Canadian Women's Soccer!!

Elaine, in terms of the women coverage, Gerry Dobson interviewed Sinclair, who said that she has recovered well. Sinclair's most interesting comment was that when she just returned to training camp, her teammates were surprized because they said their friends who had mono had taken a longer time to recover. She said that she really missed playing with the Whitecaps and the WNT, but given that the rest was good , "it may have been a blessing in disguise." It was a good interview but short.

They also announced that they will be boadcasting the WNT game in Edmonton in two weeks (but I assume not the following one in BC). Leading up to the Sinclair interview, they showed a few clips of the U-19 tournament last year.

"Washington wouldn't have such a high crime rate if it weren't for the murders". - former Mayor Barry

It was very well done. Lots of A-League and MLS coverage for those of you out there...

The only part I didn't like was how Gerry ended the segment on the success of the Impact. "Let's hope everyone enjoys this, while it lasts." [:0]

'Shawn' on the old board...

Nice of Dwayne to pay tribute to fellow canuck Corey Hart ;) I hope some of you are getting what I mean Hahahha

Mimglow, Ottawa

You are the witness of change

And to counteract

We gotta take the power back

Rage Against The Machine

quote:Originally posted by Gian-Luca

They need to update their Canucks Abroad list though. Many names missing, plus they had Nash listed with Macclesfield & then interviewed him with the Impact about 2 minutes later.

They also had Nsaliwa with Saarbrucken.

Other nitpicks: Gerry said that Paul Stalteri and Werder Bremen are in the Champions League; during the Impact feature Gerry correctly said that the game against Syracuse would be in Quebec City, but then right after the feature when they listed upcoming games Gerry said that it would be at Claude Robillard. (Nitpicking is fun. [:P])

As I've said many times before, the show needs to be 1 hour. Too much stuff is just raced through (wait until there is more European stuff to cover). And while it seemed that there was 25 minutes of Canadian content, in reality (cutting out commercials, previews of what's coming up later in the show, etc.) there was 14.5 minutes.

One big improvement is listing the day's scores at the bottom of the screen during the course of the show instead of on the whole screen (which consumes valuable time) at the end of the show. However, when they do this Gerry gets squashed vertically; it would probably be better to overlay the scores.

quote:Originally posted by Mimglow

Nice of Dwayne to pay tribute to fellow canuck Corey Hart ;) I hope some of you are getting what I mean Hahahha

I'm not sure if it was nighttime, but Dwayne certainly looked a lot like Hyde from That 70's Show during that interview.

Boys, ya gotta show Gerry some love here. Soccer Central is undoubtedly getting 3000 e-mails from the Manchester United Supporters of Canada and company complaining about the excessive Canadian coverage.

Oh, and Gerry or Craig, if you are reading this, perhaps a gentle suggestion to your reseacher that vetting info through the Voyageurs board would be a good option. But keep up the Canadian content. My EPL needs are more than adequately met by the two games you show. Dominating a half hour soccer magazine would just be greedy.

The opinions expressed above are just that.

Archived