Gold Cup Television & Web Coverage

DJT

Live audio Webcasts:

Other Web resources:

In addition to Canada's matches being broadcast on Sportsnet, several other matches will be broadcast in Spanish on Univision and Galavision (I believe both are available through DISH Network and DirecTV "semi-legal" satellite dishes in Canada?). The following schedule is based on the one from soccerTV.com, only cleaned up for easier viewing (which included cutting out the extraneous time zones, sorry [:P]). Matches are live unless stated otherwise.

Saturday, July 12

• 1:00 PM EDT - Sportsnet & Univision - Canada vs. Costa Rica
Sunday, July 13
  • 1:00 PM EDT - Univision - Mexico vs. Brazil
  • 7:00 PM EDT - Galavision - United States vs. El Salvador (tape delay)

Monday, July 14

• 6:30 PM EDT - Sportsnet & Galavision - Canada vs. Cuba
  • 8:30 PM EDT - Galavision - United States vs. Martinique

Tuesday, July 15

• 7:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Colombia vs. Jamaica (tape delay)

Wednesday, July 16

• 4:30 PM EDT - Galavision - Cuba vs. Costa Rica
  • 6:30 PM EDT - Galavision - Guatemala vs. Jamaica (tape delay)
  • 8:30 PM EDT - Galavision - Brazil vs. Honduras (tape delay)

Thursday, July 17

• 9:00 PM EDT - Galavision - El Salvador vs. Martinique (tape delay)
Friday, July 18
  • 7:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Colombia vs. Guatemala (tape delay)
  • 9:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Mexico vs. Honduras (tape delay)

Saturday, July 19

• 3:00 PM EDT - Univision - Quarterfinal 1: United States vs. Cuba
Sunday, July 20
  • 1:00 PM EDT - Univision - Quarterfinal 3: Mexico vs. Jamaica
  • 6:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Quarterfinal 2: Costa Rica vs. El Salvador (tape delay)
  • 8:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Quarterfinal 4: Colombia vs. Brazil (tape delay)

Wednesday, July 23

• 8:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Semifinal 1: United States vs. Brazil
Friday, July 25
  • 9:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Semifinal 2: Costa Rica vs. Mexico (tape delay)

Saturday, July 26

• 8:00 PM EDT - Galavision - Third-Place Match: United States vs. Costa Rica
Sunday, July 27
  • 1:00 PM EDT - Univision - Final: Mexico vs. Brazil

Ah stickies... Reason enough why this board is better than the old one.

I'm heading downtown (Toronto) now to watch the Costa Rica match at a bar with a few friends. I'm sure every bar in the country will be packed with the entire country riveted to the screen. ;)

C'mon Canucks!!

---

'Shawn' on the old board...

The camera work for the opening game was god-awful, with the cameraman either anticipating a long ball way too many times or lagging behind the action and "looking" for the ball.

Allez l'Impact!

Allez les Rouges!

Allons Ultras!

The camerawork was horrible. The cameraman must have been expecting random turnovers the way it was being shot. The camera was leading the wrong way half the time, and far too many close-ups, which in my opinion should be used very very sparingly in soccer. I hate close-ups.

Still, a few good shots of the Voyageurs!

Great result today. We outplayed them handily in the first third of the match, and got outplayed for the last two-thirds. And that's when we got our goal. Great to watch. :D

---

Yes the camera work was crap but the blame for the choice of shots goes to the director.

When that camera was locked on the box during the corner kick, you should blame the director for sitting on that shot instead of going for the close-up of the guy taking the corner.

The camera work was shakey though and the following was very poor. We can blame the cameramen for that.

As I said on the other forum, I'm assuming that InterForever produced the telecast as an international feed. Perhaps they went cheap and didn't pick up an experienced production unit. Typical IFS cheapness.

db [xx(]

`

quote:As I said on the other forum, I'm assuming that InterForever produced the telecast as an international feed. Perhaps they went cheap and didn't pick up an experienced production unit. Typical IFS cheapness.

db [xx(]

I agree. Let's not blame Sportsnet for the shoddy camerawork. It must have come from an international feed. Sportnets has produced soccer broadcasts before and has always done much, much better job.

Guest Georgio

The camera work was awfull. Did you guys see when one of CR's players beat two players of ours on the far side just outside the box in the second half with what might have been two successive nutmegs. The player jumps out of the screen in his bursts to get by our defenders. He must have been pretty fast eh guys? I could only use my imagination with help from the roars from the croud when thinking of what moves he must have used on our defenders.

Georgio

Any recommendations for Gold Cup websites with results, news and statistics? The official one (http://www.goldcup2003.com/) doesn't look too promising. CONCACAF's site also, unsurprisingly, doesn't provide much up to the minute information.

I know about the CSA's great match tracker and stats for Canada's games (yay CSA) but I'm looking for stuff about the tournament as a whole, for other teams, updated on a regular basis.

Every yank fan I know hates InterForever with a passion. Arena recently blasted their "organization" skills when it comes to putting on a major tournament. I would like to point out that this group has nothing to do with the USSF. The are in bed with concacaf. The blame lies with Jack Warner for allowing this sort of shoddy production quality. It makes us look like a 2nd rate confederation which isn't true at all. We have some really good sides and there is some good soccer being played here. I fail to see concacaf would not want to show case this event.

"Try not, do. Do or do not. There is no try" - Yoda

Hey PaulV... you can always check out http://www.fifaconcacaf.com we're trying to provide the "local" fans' perspective on all the games for all the teams. Our news posters post news on the games usually from the first hand view, and provide some of their own insights as fans of their home team.

So if you want all-biased reporting all the time... :) Well at least I post the Canuck news, and I didn't use "shocking" one time. "favoured Costa Ricans" was as far as I was prepared to go.

http://www.fifaconcacaf.com/strobe_z/Voyageurs.swf

Very small consolation, but the camera work was better for the Cuba game. Although we still missed about half of the corners due to replays, and still too many close-ups were used at the expense of seeing the play form.

But at least they could predict which way the ball would be kicked this time. :)

---

Man I wish I understood Spanish...Radio Unica is fantastic, but I only pick up a quarter of what they are saying!

Mimglow, Ottawa

You are the witness of change

And to counteract

We gotta take the power back

Rage Against The Machine

Archived