Match Thread: April 19, 2024 - Pacific v Valour

2 minutes ago, Big_M said:

verhoeven talks bad and gets a yellow...44'...yellows add up and they will start paying for it at some point in the season

Verhoeven and Facchineri are not part of a healthy Valour XI so I'm not concerned about their yellows. 

I didn't get to see all of last week's game so this first half is my first close look at some of the new Valour players.

Impressed with: Antonoglou, Binate (although I'd like to see more positive play from him)... that might be it. Campbell solid as usual, good to see him with the armband. Verhoeven better than I was expecting but he should sit for Ohin (or, sadly, Polisi).

Hundal looks ok in a hold-up role, but a bit panicky when chances come his way. Facchineri makes decisions far too slowly. I'm not sure what Alarcon is meant to offer but I haven't seen it yet.

5 minutes ago, Mihairokov said:

Good half from Valour. Much more confident on the ball this week.

Agreed.  Antonoglou Valour's best player.  Binate not looking out of place.  Hundal needs to do better.  Collecting yellows - not all deserved IMHO.

6 minutes ago, Big_M said:

verhoeven talks bad and gets a yellow...44'...yellows add up and they will start paying for it at some point in the season

Verhoeven wasn't the issue on that "incident", it was the officials match management skills.  Or lack thereof.  Or sense of proportionality if you will.  Take your pick.