Are we over-rating ourselves?

MrR

16 minutes ago, MrR said:

I'd like to acknowledge with respect the Lekwungen peoples on whose traditional territory I am blessed to live, and the Songhees, Esquimalt and WSÁNEĆ peoples whose historical relationships with the land continue to this day. This is many time zones away from Ottawa, my friend. Anyhow, Ottawa is a beautiful city, and I don't mind being mistaken for someone who hails from there.

"To kick off the partnership, TELUS and Canada Soccer are helping ensure more women and girls enjoy the benefits of soccer,  with TELUS being named the title partner of the TELUS She CAN Coach Program, a national female coach recruitment, development, and training program."

That's nice. The timing of this announcement, on the eve of the CWNT's opening match at the Women's World Cup, seems so perfect. Even more so now after C.S.'s failed penalty. It appears neither the CWNT coach, nor the CMNT coach for that matter, understand the importance of assigning a player to take penalty kicks. And ironically both these coaches chose to go with a 40-year captain in World Cup Final tournaments. Loyalty is for losers. A sure formula for another 3 and out tournament. However, I feel confident that the CSA and Telus partnership will rectify these shortcomings with meaningful changes.

BTW Is there a demand for women coaches from Canada?

Go back to your bridge 

4 hours ago, Bigandy said:

Ok Ottawafan.... 

You clearly didnt read the press release if youre asking me about the telus initiatives. 

Time to go back to your bridge.

I'm pretty sure Ottawafan and Robert are two different people. But it reminds me of my favorite quote from my old stats professor:

Prof: "No, this is wrong"
Student: "I think it's right, [my friend] got the same answer"
Prof: "Oh really? I find it difficult to believe that two people could be wrong"

4 hours ago, maplebanana said:

I'm pretty sure Ottawafan and Robert are two different people. But it reminds me of my favorite quote from my old stats professor:

Prof: "No, this is wrong"
Student: "I think it's right, [my friend] got the same answer"
Prof: "Oh really? I find it difficult to believe that two people could be wrong"

"And I find it difficult to believe that there could be another national soccer association as inept as the CSA."

How can anyone in their right mind imagine, with all the challenges confronting the CSA, that establishing a program to recruit and accredit a national female coach as being a top priority? And to announce this on the eve of the Women's World Cup not less. This announcement was brought to us by the same people who pronounced us to be THE KINGS OF CONCACAF. Is the CSA over-rated? You bet your BIgandy they are! Thanks for highlighting one of the CSA's priorities big guy. Finally some great headline news about the CSA. This is so much more exciting than an announcement that the CMNT is going to play an international friendly in September, which could potentially generate half a million dollars in the revenue column.

Edited by MrR