Match Thread: July 1, 2023 - Valour v Cavalry

In Valour's last game Ponce exited early with an appartent leg injury (hamstring?).  Anyone heard anything on his status?  I think we can assume Ohin and Haynes are still out.  De Brienne is appartently ready to go and Williams is "day-to-day" (which means out for another week or two from past Valour injury update experience :().

https://canpl.ca/article/preview-valour-fc-vs-cavalry-fc-2023-match-50

CPL preview states that Ponce "could miss out" and that de Brienne is expected to play "some minutes". Neither features in their predicted XI, but Williams does. 

Here's mine (predicted, not necessarily preferred): Yesli, Baquero, Samake, Pianelli, de Brienne, Campbell, Gutierrez, Sanchez, Niyongabire, Siaj, Ulloa.

39 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Here's mine (predicted, not necessarily preferred): Yesli, Baquero, Samake, Pianelli, de Brienne, Campbell, Gutierrez, Sanchez, Niyongabire, Siaj, Ulloa.

I think your lineup could be correct.  Possibly Novak for Siaj, I have a slight preference with Siaj but neither have impressed... yet!

34 minutes ago, jonovision said:

Twitter not loading for me, so no lineup graphics to be found.

Edit: never mind, found it on instagram. 

image.thumb.png.b6b0979effeaa436f13a8a6e053906bd.png

My predicted lineup was mostly right, but no de Brienne, so Campbell remains at LB and Polisi remains in midfield.

Thought Ulloa had a heck of a shift last match, hope he keeps them coming.

Going to be a hot one.  Ug.

And worth mentioning winner climbs the ladder into 3rd.  Not expecting a draw today, someone will get the result.

Tonybet has Valour paying 2.60 and Cavalry 2.65.  Weeee!!!!

Edited by Cheeta

1 minute ago, Soccerpro2 said:

Dante Campbell just let his man run by him on the wing. The Cavalry player then received a long ball and had a simple cross into the box for a tap in.

Really lazy and crappy from Campbell.

Not going to rag on Campbell too hard. He is not a left back by any stretch.