National or Regional format? Air vs Bus travel?

Ansem

7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What also still appears to be missed by at least some posters on here is that my top consideration in what the league should do revolves only around a belief/hope that emotionally unpalatable steps should/will be taken if that ensures that the league is still around ten or twenty years from now not because I actually prefer regional bus travel formats to national air travel ones in fundamental ideological terms or leagues with MLS affiliates to leagues without them for that matter.

• Ansem changed the title to National or Regional format? Air vs Bus travel?
8 minutes ago, Ansem said:
7 hours ago, Ozzie_the_parrot said:

What also still appears to be missed by at least some posters on here is that my top consideration in what the league should do revolves only around a belief/hope that emotionally unpalatable steps should/will be taken if that ensures that the league is still around ten or twenty years from now not because I actually prefer regional bus travel formats to national air travel ones in fundamental ideological terms or leagues with MLS affiliates to leagues without them for that matter.

We all should be doing our best to reduce air travel. I don't think that should be the #1 factor in determining the future structure of a league, but maybe it should play a role.

Out of curiosity, do Forge and York fly to matches in Ottawa? Or bus? Train? Same question for Cavalry and Edmonton?

Edited by jonovision

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

We all should be doing our best to reduce air travel. I don't think that should be the #1 factor in determining the future structure of a league, but maybe it should play a role.

I believe this could be achieve with the way the schedule is structure but having more clubs would help significantly. If we had clubs in Quebec, clubs could bus or use the train in the Quebec-Windsor corridor

1 hour ago, jonovision said:

Out of curiosity, do Forge and York fly to matches in Ottawa? Or bus? Train? Same question for Cavalry and Edmonton?

I would hope they are using the bus although trains are more comfortable and a deal could be worked out with Via Rail.

Alberta definitely uses the bus