League 1 Ontario Attendances.

Hello guys, I am trying to do some research and fact finding on the league. I was wondering about attendances. What would you guys say the average attendance at games are? Who has the highest and lowest attendances? What is the highest attendance you have seen at a L1O game.
Thanks in advance. 

In case you aren’t familiar, @Rocket Robin Goes to many, many games in Toronto and does game reports, including attendance estimates here http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/soccer00.htm

The tl;dr of it is I think around 50 is common in Toronto. My impression (not sure where exactly it comes from) is that London gets the biggest crowds, I think in the multiple hundred range.

On 1/5/2020 at 9:31 PM, BarrieCityFC said:

Hello guys, I am trying to do some research and fact finding on the league. I was wondering about attendances. What would you guys say the average attendance at games are? Who has the highest and lowest attendances? What is the highest attendance you have seen at a L1O game.
Thanks in advance. 

Hi I’m involved with a League 1 team last season being my first year . I traveled to many away and home matches. The majority of teams charge admission to their games. However, a lot of these venues you could basically stand outside the venue and watch the game from the outside without paying admission . Moreover, all venues try to make it a bit professional in their game day presentation with a PA announcer and playing of the national anthem before the game . Did not go to every venue but the Oakville Blue Devils have probably the best venue and at least for the game I was at probably had close to 400 people . Most games I was part of in the venues I attended it seemed like the attendance was basically family and friends of the players and coaches, average being about 50 people or so. The only way this league works for now is the teams are part of a whole youth club or academy setup like most teams are in the league and are funded by a part of the youth registration fee, which I don’t have a problem with. Therefore, a parent who puts their kid in a youth academy or youth soccer club  their registration fee is partially funding the League 1 team, a team their kid can aspire to play for in the future a team that their kid can play for for a year or two and developing in League 1 before hopefully playing in the CPL or MLS or beyond. If Barrie wants a team in League 1 which would be a great addition, you would probably have to get Barrie Youth Soccer Club  to field a League 1 team, I’m pretty sure Barrie Youth soccer club must have over 1000 players registered each year and it’s from a small portion of their registration fees that a League 1 Barrie team can be supported. If your going to try to go it alone with say a private business owner funding a team from their own pocket that will be tough ,   unless they are willing to lose between 75000 to 100000 a season .

Edited by SoccMan