Yallop and Bircham fired by Chicago Fire

jpg75

Yallop and Bircham out in Chicago:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/09/20/chicago-fire-part-ways-head-coach-frank-yallop-announce-nelson-rodriguez-new

On Sunday afternoon, the Fire announced that they have parted ways with head coach and director of soccer Frank Yallop as well as assistant coaches Marc Bircham and Clint Mathis. Technical director Brian Bliss takes over for Yallop as interim head coach alongside ex-Fire captain Logan Pause, who joins him as interim assistant for the final five matches of the regular season.

Yallop and Bircham out in Chicago:

http://www.mlssoccer.com/news/article/2015/09/20/chicago-fire-part-ways-head-coach-frank-yallop-announce-nelson-rodriguez-new

On Sunday afternoon, the Fire announced that they have parted ways with head coach and director of soccer Frank Yallop as well as assistant coaches Marc Bircham and Clint Mathis. Technical director Brian Bliss takes over for Yallop as interim head coach alongside ex-Fire captain Logan Pause, who joins him as interim assistant for the final five matches of the regular season.

The fire are a mess. I'm glad the Caps didn't hire Yallop. His best days are in the mirror.

His best days are in the mirror.

Yea, not sure there will be any MLS teams taking a chance on Yallop any time soon, but I still think he has something left in the tank.  

I would not freak out if the CSA hired him once Floro is gone.  He did not do well in 2004 WCQ and made questionable call ups, but he had us playing well in 2005 and 2006.  I often wonder what we could have done in 2008 when our "golden generation" was in their prime, having had 4 years experience playing his style.  I dont fault him for leaving either, those were dark, dark times at the CSA in 2006; in a way his leaving sparked the 'Sack the CSA' movement.      

Yallop always gave Canadian players and coaches a chance on his MLS teams.  He is a supporter of Canadian soccer.  His heart would be in it 1000%.  I feel like that is something we are missing.  Floro seems too cerebral, too aloof, too superior.  

Maybe next cycle Yallop would be the right guy, at the right time.

Yea, not sure there will be any MLS teams taking a chance on Yallop any time soon, but I still think he has something left in the tank.  

I would not freak out if the CSA hired him once Floro is gone.  He did not do well in 2004 WCQ and made questionable call ups, but he had us playing well in 2005 and 2006.  I often wonder what we could have done in 2008 when our "golden generation" was in their prime, having had 4 years experience playing his style.  I dont fault him for leaving either, those were dark, dark times at the CSA in 2006; in a way his leaving sparked the 'Sack the CSA' movement.      

Yallop always gave Canadian players and coaches a chance on his MLS teams.  He is a supporter of Canadian soccer.  His heart would be in it 1000%.  I feel like that is something we are missing.  Floro seems too cerebral, too aloof, too superior.  

Maybe next cycle Yallop would be the right guy, at the right time.

Would rather take a flyer on Bircham to be honest, might as well try a young, hungry coach who has been involved with the development side at QPR and Millwall

Archived