USL 401 Derby

TFC2 0 - FC Montreal 1

FC Montreal with three wins in a row. Playoffs are out of reach but something has changed. TFC2 is a tire fire at this point but to be fair they have a lot of academy kids that seem to get played at random.

They packed them in for this one lol, 347 fans attending, ouch! Thought this one was in Montreal with attendance like that but it appears to have been in Toronto.

I would be surprised if that is hugely out of whack with what the U-23 teams of Bundesliga clubs tend to draw in Germany. The name of the game in both contexts is the development of the best academy prospects at a fully pro level and the sanctioning conditions are in place to ensure that is going to be primarily Canadian player development.

Tuesday evening in Vaughan on metal stands with the Pan-Ams going on, it's kinda understandable but I definitely urge TFC fans to check them out when they get a chance.

I know TFC's working on something to give some more incentives for those living in downtown, which is great, and I think they could lower the ticket prices to $10 or $5 or something, make it real cheap. (I do have season tix for TFC II so I'm good but just thinking for other fans).

The players definitely appreciated having the supporters there, and I'm just happy that the Canadian MLS clubs have completely filled up the developmental structure, seeing how important the B clubs are in the players' development in Spain and Germany.

• 1 month later...

Archived