New League for BC?

ted

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Nope I was referring to the post I linked directly too which incluced this tidbit:

The D3 league's working title is the Prairie High Performance League, which definitely needs to change cuz that sounds more like a program offered than a competitive league (I prefer Prairie Super League). There will be D3 teams set up in Calgary, Edmonton, Alberta North, Alberta South, Saskatoon, Regina, Saskatchewan North, Saskatchewan South, Winnipeg, Manitoba (excluding Winnipeg), and Thunder Bay.

It makes a lot more sense from a business case for AB teams to join with teams to the East than teams in BC.

• 10 months later...

And with news that the PDL Northwest Division is at risk of collapse we need a BC League even more!

<quote>

Will Kitsap Pumas lead local exit from the PDL?

The Kitsap Pumas are not quite ready to officially go on record that they are exploring a move from the Premier Development League (PDL) to the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), but goalWA.net has heard from credible sources that the Bremerton club will continue to do just that in the coming months.

What’s more, the Pumas may have company in a league switch. One source suggests that two other PDL Northwest Division clubs are also considering joining the Bremerton club in a league switch.

Full article on Goal.WA >

</quote>

Horrible news for the PDL. I'm sure talk of the collapse of the PNW division concerns Victoria Highlanders & Calgary Foothills a lot. Has there been any talk about BC1 since the latest round of CPL rumours started their buzz? We definitely need to step up our game out here.

7 hours ago, ted said:

And with news that the PDL Northwest Division is at risk of collapse we need a BC League even more!

<quote>

Will Kitsap Pumas lead local exit from the PDL?

The Kitsap Pumas are not quite ready to officially go on record that they are exploring a move from the Premier Development League (PDL) to the National Premier Soccer League (NPSL), but goalWA.net has heard from credible sources that the Bremerton club will continue to do just that in the coming months.

What’s more, the Pumas may have company in a league switch. One source suggests that two other PDL Northwest Division clubs are also considering joining the Bremerton club in a league switch.

Full article on Goal.WA >

</quote>

Victoria and Calgary to NPSL confirmed. :mellow:

Archived