2013/14 NCAA Division I

deschamp86

Larin added goals 13 & 14, Awuah scored another, and UConn ultimately got past powerhouse UCLA on penalties. Amazing season for these guys continues in the quarterfinals. McKendry is also through with New Mexico who defeated Mark Wadid's Penn St. Michigan St. through as well, Chapman with the assist on the lone goal in a 1-0 victory.

Larin added goals 13 & 14, Awuah scored another, and UConn ultimately got past powerhouse UCLA on penalties. Amazing season for these guys continues in the quarterfinals. McKendry is also through with New Mexico who defeated Mark Wadid's Penn St. Michigan St. through as well, Chapman with the assist on the lone goal in a 1-0 victory.

That's crazy. I checked in last night and UCLA was up by 2. I figured it was over.

Last i checked last week Cyle Larin has 6 goals and Allando Matheson has 5 goals for UConn (12 games played). Larin is an 18 yr old true freshman so that's pretty impressive! Not sure if he's an outright forward either as he's listed as a MF on their site and has the #10 shirt.

Emmett O'connor leads St. Bonaventure in scoring with 5G 4A, we'll see if he gets a sniff for the MLS combine....

Is Matheson a bit of a disappointment? He was a star for the early TFC academy teams now I wonder if he will even get drafted.

Is Matheson a bit of a disappointment? He was a star for the early TFC academy teams now I wonder if he will even get drafted.

He's had a down year. Last year he played really well for UConn but mostly as a sub. I was hoping he'd get more starts and have a good year, but that wasn't entirely the case. He didn't start a single game but appeared in 21 of 22 and still finished second in scoring (behind Larin) with 7 goals in 665 minutes, so it wasn't entirely for naught. With Diouf moving on and Matheson entering his senior year next year, 2014 will be an important one for him.

Archived