England crashes out Euro 2013

mtlfan

Time for the FA and get rid off Hope Powell if they are serious about women's football.

England couldn't beat anyone at EURO 2013 falling today 3-0 to France, while previously losing to Spain 3-2 with keeper Bardlsley's face own goal in stoppage time as the winner, and with a 1-1 draw with Russia.The most memorable moment was watching the OG which from what would be called in baseball a passed ball and her silly remarks about men's football.

Aside from the keepers misfortune the question when do they take England in a new direction as they would with men.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23362673

Time for the FA and get rid off Hope Powell if they are serious about women's football.

England couldn't beat anyone at EURO 2013 falling today 3-0 to France, while previously losing to Spain 3-2 with keeper Bardlsley's face own goal in stoppage time as the winner, and with a 1-1 draw with Russia.The most memorable moment was watching the OG which from what would be called in baseball a passed ball and her silly remarks about men's football.

Aside from the keepers misfortune the question when do they take England in a new direction as they would with men.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23362673

Even with the 3-2 vs Spain there is no doubt England is better than Spain as a national squad, and on a club level with mostly English players as well they are top 3-4 in Europe. There is no comparison with rivals like Russia and Spain, so maybe you have to look at the squad call-up and accept not all tournaments can be fully competitive. But I really do not know.

Have been following the tournament though, don't know why UEFA only puts video highlights of some games not all on their website.

Terrible summer for English teams: Crashed out of men's UEFA U-21 champinship; crashed out of men's U-20 World Cup and now crashed out of women's Euro. I don't think any of teams got a victory at all. I wonder if panic is starting to creep into the FA...

Archived