Canadians abroad: May 10-16, 2013

DJT

Guidelines for this thread

• In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 10-16, 2013.

• If you find updates posted in some other thread or on the other Voyageurs forum then post them here as well, but be sure to credit the original poster.

• If there is news that is particularly significant (eg. someone scores a big goal, someone gets injured, etc.) then feel free to begin a new thread on that topic in order to draw greater attention or start a discussion, but also post that news here.

• Some comments on news posted in this thread are okay, but let's not let this thread go off into a long discussion. If the news already appears in another thread (as per the previous bullet) then post your comments in that other thread, otherwise if you want to say something significant or if it is likely to generate replies then begin a new thread.

Yesterday

Sweden. Hammarby. Ledgerwood SCORES in the 77th minute in a 2-0 victory! I really think Hammarby have a chance at promotion this term. I was surprised by their slow start in the first few games, but they are starting to come on now.

Germany

Bayern Munich 3 - 0 Augsburg

De Jong was on the bench.

Werder Bremen 1 - 1 Eintracht Frankfurt

Occean was an unused substitute.

Saarbrücken 1 - 2 Heidenheim

Straith played 90 minutes at right back.

Cyprus

Alki Larnaca 1 - 3 Achnas

Issey SCORED in the loss. Alki are tied at the top of the relegation group.

France

Nimes 0 - 1 Monaco

Al-Shaibani on the bench.

Israel

Shmona 1 - 2 Maccabi Haifa (Haber)

Slovenia

Mura 1 - 0 Celje (Cebara)

Yesterday

Sweden. Hammarby. Ledgerwood SCORES in the 77th minute in a 2-0 victory! I really think Hammarby have a chance at promotion this term. I was surprised by their slow start in the first few games, but they are starting to come on now.

That is explained better in another thread by tarnado. Let me quote the first line from the opening of this thread:

In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 10-16, 2013.

It was said from the get-go, bro...

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?46373-Canadians-abroad-May-3-9-2013/page3

That is explained better in another thread by tarnado. Let me quote the first line from the opening of this thread:

In this thread post match updates on all Canadians abroad for May 10-16, 2013.

It was said from the get-go, bro...

http://www.cansoc.org/showthread.php?46373-Canadians-abroad-May-3-9-2013/page3

Thanks, sorry I missed it there. I was trying for a mostly fabricated synopsis. Therefore, I still explained it better. (in a whisper): than the announcer from the Whitecaps games could

We still bros? lol and for the record I mean nothing to be unnecessarily harsh, just a lot of friendly banter usually gets lost in translation :)

England

Norwich 4 - 0 West Brom

Jackson stayed on the bench

QPR 1 - 2 Newcastle United

Hoilett played 84 minutes.

Netherlands

Twente 3 - 1 PSV

Hutch played 90 minutes, probably his last game with the club.

Cyprus

APOEL (Klukowski) 4 - 3 Omonia

Finland

Jaro 2 - 2 Honka

Frank Jonke went 90 for Jaro.

Mariehamn 0 - 4 MyPa

Roger Thompson played the full match picking up a yellow.

Germany

Köln 1 - 2 Hertha Berlin

McKenna played 90 minutes and got booked in the second half.

Paderborn 2 - 0 Munich 1860

Rob Friend played the whole match.

Regensburg 1 - 3 Kaiserslautern

De Guzman played all game as Regensburg lost again.

St. Pauli 5 - 1 Braunschweig

Edwini-Bonsu left out of the squad.

Norway

Haugesund 1 - 0 Valerenga

Hirschfeld was the backup.

Sandnes Ulf 0 - 0 Molde

Ricketts was a late substitute (89')

Portugal

Santa Clara (Pacheco) 0 - 1 Feirense

Scotland

Motherwell 2 - 0 Ross County

Hainault played 90 minutes at centre half.

Sweden

Kalmar 2 - 1 AIK

Stamatopoulos the starting keeper for Stockholm.

Turkey

Denizlispor 2 - 0 Bucaspor (Nsaliwa)

Uruguay

Juventud 2 - 0 Club Nacional

Cavallini started and played 63 minutes in a big win against Nacional

REB currently is on trial at Kickers Offenbach.

Following in Olivier Occean's footsteps. Since he did not play in Braunschweig's meaningless last couple of games obviously he is no longer in their plans. Offenbach would be a good club for him to sign with because he would probably get a lot of chance to play. They are only slightly above relegation territory and have some financial problems so will probably not be able to sign a lot of competition. According to the following article they need to look for players in the lower price range and of 13 current trialists REB is "the most well-known."

http://www.op-online.de/sport/kickers-offenbach/casting-kickers-offenbach-spieler-probetraining-2906719.html

Following in Olivier Occean's footsteps. Since he did not play in Braunschweig's meaningless last couple of games obviously he is no longer in their plans. Offenbach would be a good club for him to sign with because he would probably get a lot of chance to play. They are only slightly above relegation territory and have some financial problems so will probably not be able to sign a lot of competition. According to the following article they need to look for players in the lower price range and of 13 current trialists REB is "the most well-known."

http://www.op-online.de/sport/kickers-offenbach/casting-kickers-offenbach-spieler-probetraining-2906719.html

It's been pretty clear for weeks now that he will leave (and he's out of contract at the end of the season anyway). During his trial he will meet no less than 3 former teammates from last season (Offenbach might as well rename themselves Eintracht Braunschweig IIa). So far it's not sure if Offenbach will get a license for next season or if they'll have to drop down to the Regionalliga.

Piette made another appearance last night for Fortuna Duesseldorfs second outlet.

http://www.dfb.de/index.php?id=512331&no_cache=1&action=showSchema〈=D&liga=rlw&saison=12&saisonl=2012&spieltag=24&spielid=rls_5093&cHash=f5cc4fbcda6b93e8a8c54c69606f4e5b

He came in at the 89th minute. Duesseldorf won and now still have a chance to stay in the Regionalliga West with 1 point behind safety and two more games of the season.

He's been getting some minutes in the second squad. It looks promising, next year he should be included in most of the Regionalliga's team matches and get some minutes in the first team as well. I think that's realistic, even more so if Duesseldorf 1 relegates, because then it would be second Bundesliga. On the other hand, if they stay in the Bundesliga, maybe Piette can get a loan deal to a third or second level club.

There's one more game to be played in the Bundesliga. Piettes Duesseldorf is at tie with De Jongs Augsburg and even Hoffenheim can pass the both of them on the last day. Nr 17 (Hoffenheim at the moment) will automaticaly relegate to the second Bundesliga, nr 18 (Duesseldorf now) will play against 2. Bundesliga nr 3 (1. FC Kaiserslautern) for the last spot in Germanies topflight.

I guess it's more a formality by now, but a regional sports magazine today reports that Edwini-Bonsu, together with the other players leaving the club, will get his official farewell during the promotion celebration on monday.

I guess it's more a formality by now, but a regional sports magazine today reports that Edwini-Bonsu, together with the other players leaving the club, will get his official farewell during the promotion celebration on monday.

The club has announced it as well now.

And another update on his trial:

From an Offenbach paper (taken from Eintracht's forum):

[General manager] Bender admitted, that you could see that some of the players weren't good enough for 3. Liga play. Other were said to have shown promise, most likely Christopher Kracun, Maximilian Buttenhauser and Christopher Mandiangu. Randy Edwini-Bonsu on the other hand could not impress.

Edit II: I hunted down the original article and finally got what Bender they refered to, not their player but the GM. That a player would comment on trialists seemed kinda weird ;)

And another update on his trial:

From an Offenbach paper (taken from Eintracht's forum):

[General manager] Bender admitted, that you could see that some of the players weren't good enough for 3. Liga play. Other were said to have shown promise, most likely Christopher Kracun, Maximilian Buttenhauser and Christopher Mandiangu. Randy Edwini-Bonsu on the other hand could not impress.

Edit II: I hunted down the original article and finally got what Bender they refered to, not their player but the GM. That a player would comment on trialists seemed kinda weird ;)

Hm sounds like his career is about to take a serious downswing from where we thought it would be going one year ago. Seems a common theme. I hate it when retrospect slaps you in the face. Hope he catches on somewhere and starts doing a serious nose to grindstone routine.

Archived