Attendance Predictions

Funny, when a team declares a sell-out despite being hundreds of empty seats visible people at most chuckle, and when Edmonton apparently under-reports their attendance it's a WTF moment.

The number which really matters is how much money the club gets in its bank account.

I know what you mean, but it should not be forgotten that they are in the process of trying to get the city to support them getting a soccer stadium that holds a good number of fans. Reporting attendances as lower than actual could be a dangerous policy when you are trying to get a big project like this a go-ahead.

In those terms, you have to not only show profit, but potential for profit against an enormous expense. And under reporting attendance figures won't cut it, in that regard.

Whitecaps under 15 000 announced that's great especially with Canucks playing tonight

I was impressed by the numbers at the Caps games and it was nice to see a lot of hear on the streets before and after the game. This wasn't just a Canuck game either it was first game of the playoffs. I was pleasantly surprised by the numbers Caps fans brought.

Archived