Montreal Impact changes for 2013

Alberto7

^Did Grizzly's dad see Tissot doing exercises while Iapichino was out partying?

LOL. I have actually never seen or heard any evidence that Iapichino was out partying. He just was not a very skilled player. I have never heard anything negative about him other than lack of ability, seemed like a decent guy but being a decent guy is not what he was getting paid to do. Rest assured though I still have my spies out there checking on the nightlife activities of other players! :)

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know about the rest of you but I have been unimpressed with Perkins this year. He has been leaking goals lately. Why can't they give Bush a chance for a game and see what he can do? The funny thing is that Ricketts, who was traded to Portland for Perkins, is having the season of his career this year!

No way man, Perkins is great. Yes Ricketts is having a stellar season, but he wasn't last year. And Perkins is cheaper and younger too. I hold the opinion that the Ricketts - Perkins trade was one of the best MI has made so far.

Th Wenger is another striker who can not score. I think we really need to clear out our forward position at year's end though it would be a lot better if we could do it now and bring in at least one other player who can provide a threat besides DiViao.

I haven't given up on Wenger. I think he has great potential. The thing is, if you compare just about ANY young striker with Marco Di Vaio, Di Vaio will probably come on top (especially when it comes to scoring).

But I have to admit when I see Wenger play, he seems to lack all confidence. Maybe it's because Schällibaum only plays with one striker and only has Wenger play a couple of minutes IF he even see the pitch. My prediction is Wenger will be traded at some point and once he finds his feet and get's on a roll, he'll surprise many.

DCU signs Iapichino. Very surprised by this because I did not think any team would be interested in him. Might be more to this than meets the eye, ie. MLS may still be on the hook for his salary, Montreal needs him off their salary cap. His last game for the Impact and the one that finally convinced management that he was not a good enough player was against DC. He was directly responsible for 2 DC goals and basically gifted them the game. It is hard to imagine DC's management would have been overly impressed by what they saw in that game.

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/d-c-united-signs-defender-152600489--mls.html

Archived