Vancouver Seeded First for V's Cup 2013

Congratulations to Vancouver, they deserve it.

I'm glad to see TFC and the Impact tangle more often to buil the rivalry. It should be a great tournament.

What do you guys think about the CSA imposing a minimum Canadian content of let's say 5 in the starting lineups (and 8 total including the bench) for the Canadian championship games only?

I think it will force these teams to go after 1 or 2 more Canadians on their rosters this off season and give some academy kids a shot at it in the process.

I like the idea and I'm sure the coaches of all 3 teams would love it as well. They get to rest starters without fielding a team that the other side could walk all over. Currently if one team fields a bunch of non-starters and the other team doesn't they would be at a huge disadvantage. Making all teams do it would insure a level playing field and competitive matches.

The games would be even and give some playing time to canadian players. I don't know if it would get any more Canadians signed. Are they allowed to bring up their academy players? Even if that is all they did it would still give some quality playing time to some younger players.

Question is whould that be Canadian citizens or players eligible for MNT? I would think it the former as some of the players eligible for MNT could jump ship later so it wouldn't really make sense to rule out players like Rochat or Tam (if he comes back to North America).

What you may be unaware of is the disconnect between CSA, ASA and EDSA, that ment that last years game in the Commie bowl was poorly attended due to potential spectators having to fufil their own Indoor Schedule games, or having to take the kids to their games.

Result was paultry 2500 turn out.

You'd think they would suspend for one night to help boost the Profile of the game? Well not out here they don't.

Also if TSN broacast boys were not so pampered then Clarke could have the lines 'cleaned' off for the game. There is no reason why an OB cannot be set up at this venue. CBC do it every week during Edmontons Regular season.

Be a lock in for a full house down there;)

Hopefully this doesn't happen and there is a great turnount in Edmonton for the game.

This seeding also increases the rivalry between TFC and the Impacts. Nothing like a good rivalry and trash talking to build hype/interest.

EDIT:

What do you guys think about the CSA imposing a minimum Canadian content of let's say 5 in the starting lineups (and 8 total including the bench) for the Canadian championship games only?

I like it. I think the "5" quota might be too high, but it's an interesting idea for sure.

Archived