The History of the Voyageurs Cup

Dwayne Cole gave an account of the history of the Voyageurs Cup recently at the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame. John Vanderkolk purchased a replica of the Cup so it could be displayed in the Hall of Fame. The original was purchased in 2002 by donations from various members of The Voyageurs and is still given to the yearly winner of Canadian Soccer Championship competition.

Dwayne Cole gave an account of the history of the Voyageurs Cup recently at the Canadian Soccer Hall of Fame. John Vanderkolk purchased a replica of the Cup so it could be displayed in the Hall of Fame. The original was purchased in 2002 by donations from various members of The Voyageurs and is still given to the yearly winner of Canadian Soccer Championship competition.

Thanks for posting this Grizz. Dwayne did a really good job explaining it as it was entirely off the top of his head when he did it. Anyone who has been around Canadian soccer for awhile or wants to appreciate the history of Canadian soccer should go to the Hall of Fame north of Toronto. It was great of johntv to take Dwayne, Doug and I up there a couple of Fridays ago.

Great job, Dwayne (Winnipeg Fury) and John (johnTv) on explaining the Voyageurs Cup as well as getting it to the Soccer Hall of Fame.

It's amazing that an internet board of Canadian fans on Network 54 has started the beginnings of the premier Canadian Club competition for soccer. Many of us have never met each other before, and to have created this was truly remarkable. Glad to have made that initial contribution in 2002, and proud to be a Voyageur!

It certainly was a very interesting afternoon and seeing that replica in the hall makes me think that this is Canadian soccer history and will last for many many years.Great stuff Fury man you did a wonderfull job on that description and without any rehersal.I invite all you guys to fit in a trip to our museum and relize that we have a great Canadian soccer history and see all these plagues of those that have been inducted in our Hall.

Archived