Atiba Hutchinson Update

Lordsnooty

Apologies if this has been posted already. Apologies also for the Google translation. From yesterday:

Hutchinson: "It's quite normal that I must fight for my place" By Tom Brewer | January 11, 2012 at 14:14 | Source: International Football Free watch live football.

Atiba Hutchinson was the first half of the season on the side with a knee injury, but the Canadian has since recovered them. The midfielder will compete with Kevin Strootman and Georginio Wijnaldum have to go.

"They're both very well done," begins the multi-player against Voetbal International. "It is perfectly normal in my eyes that I will have a lot to fight for my place."

Hutchinson is happy he is back on the training. "It's great to be back," he continues. "I have a very difficult period behind us, but am now really part of the team. Of course I still lacking rhythm and content, but we are going back next week for upgrading."

I'd love to see him loaned for a year to one of the MLS teams (TFC!) if he's not going to be a regular with PSV, he could bring some much needed domestic star power to one of our teams.

That's the last thing the CMNT needs, Hutch should be in Europe until he is no longer a key player on the CMNT.

That's the last thing the CMNT needs, Hutch should be in Europe until he is no longer a key player on the CMNT.

Whow - I agree - Hutch will regain his place at PSV and we all move on and forget that this was even discussed. He's not ready for MLS, plastic pitches and the rest, until he's well into his 30s. Healthy Hutch playing in big leagues is a prioirty for us all.

He's our Dempsey after all!!!

Yeah no kidding. I don't think he has any intention of coming here any time soon and probably will hold out to get one more step up in Europe if he can.

Considering last season they put him at RB because he was too valuable to sit on the bench, i'd be surprised if he doesn't work his way back in. Wijnaldum is more of an attacking player than Hutch, so it's probably Strootman he'll be competing with.

Geezus, it would be nice to see more (ANY) of him on the television though.

Italy, Spain, France, Germany, England, Scotland, Greece, Hell I even get a bit of Australian footie right now but not a sausage from Holland. That blows. And he's one of those few players I'd go out of my way just to watch play regardless of club connection or league.

Yeah I agree with everything said here about Hutch regaining his spot (or any spot) on the pitch for PSV. Regarding a move up in Europe, I believe the final frontier for Hutch will be England. I predict Martin Jol brings him to Fulham on a free once his contract expires. You heard it here first!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived