2011 Four Nations Tournament

Vic

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 - 0 Final. Nicely done. Does that mean they win if USA doesn't beat China?

Indeed it does (unlikely though that may be).

Canada had a really, really sketchy last half hour. The defense was falling back into old habits: they weren't concentrating, hoofed the ball away rather than passing it, and gave Sweden way too many opportunities. Meanwhile, Morace was very conservative with her substitutions considering the circumstances, meaning Sweden had by far the fresher legs. Still, we got away with three points.

China - United States kicks off in about fifty minutes.

USA 2 -0 China at 90'. Three minutes of added time. But the Chinese aren't touching the ball very much. And it's over.

Labbé played in Sweden the past couple of years against all these players. She's a natural fit for a friendly.

Sweden was down four of their best five but still a good result for Canada.

The Americans already have the big victory photo and headline up on their homepage. That took about 8 seconds.

She has almost as many bags as she did minutes in the whole tournament.

9384f457-49df-4fdc-8056-75f7ebf819db.Large.jpg

Really? Leblanc is the clear #1 IMO. Did you see that save to start the second half against China? Unreal!

Just watched the second half of game against USA , and I have to say Leblanc was very weak on the winning goal, out of position. This happened in Germany and against China in Toronto. I think Labbe may rise to the top. We need a keeper who does not give away cheapies.

I have to say I was never a fan of LeBlanc and her positioning was terrible. You could almost always count on someone chipping one over her. But I have to say in the past several games (didn't see the US game) she has been vastly improved.

Erin was my number one, but the injury has slowed her progress and she was rusty vs China and probably now out of the loop.

Labbe has been very impressive, solid and dependable (she also almost stopped Marta's bogus PK). I would have no problem if she won the job. But I get the feeling Carolina is leaning towards LeBlanc and am glad she auditioned all three. I feel Carolina would also be comfortable starting Labbe.

We're very fortunate in Canada to have a large number of very talented goalkeepers, and I'm sure our goalkeeper coach has a good understanding of the technical, mental and physical profiles of each of them.

Solo, LeBlanc, Angerer... they are all 5'9". One day soon some country is going to develop a 6'6" athletic goalkeeper and she'll be the new LeBron.

Archived