De-Ro to Celtic (Pure Speculation)

zeelaw

Not sure it would be a very good move as far as playing at a better level. Celtic is a better team than any MLS team but the league as a whole is at best equal to MLS. Celtic bombed out in European play this year getting knocked out of the 3rd CL qualifying round and then subsequently getting knocked out of the 4th Europa League qualifying round. That would leave only the games against Rangers at a level higher than he is playing in MLS. If it is just a loan then it is obviously better than sitting around doing nothing until the MLS season starts again but a transfer to a lower table team in one of the top 6 or 7 European leagues would be a better move in my opinion. I think in SPL he could probably get away with a lot of the bad habits he currently gets away with in MLS. Possibly he is too old to change but if he is ever going to get his playing ability up to that needed for the international game, he needs to play in a league where he is required to play a more complete game instead of depending solely on making a few impressive athletic moves per game.

There was also a rumor of DeRo going to FC Copenhagen back in 2008 as well I believe.

I think he would do well at a club like Celtic, because he would play against talent similar to MLS, and his bad habits wouldn't be too much of a detriment. It wouldn't do nothing for the nats except show the country we have a player at a big club.

Best for DeRo would be to stay with TFC, and be signed to a DP spot already!

Archived