El Clasico

earlimus

Don't know how many of you guys got to see Barca-Madrid live yesterday, but the 5-0 thrashing aside, it was an absolute powerhouse performance from Barca.

Madrid looked hungry and had some moments where they showed that they could hurt Barca on the counter, but Barca absolutely dominated. The second half in particular was pure soccer magic. It's one thing to watch these teams beat up the rest of the league week after week (no disrespect to them, they don't really stand a chance), however against actual competition watching Barca pass an in-form Madrid off of the park is something else.

If you want as close to an answer that you can have as to the Messi-Ronaldo debate, you need not look further. Messi was magic, Ronaldo a grumpy douche after not scoring in his impressive first 20 minutes.

In the end Barca could've easily scored more than 5. I know people always say that after a wipe-out, but it was really true this time. Mourinho got the tactics all wrong in contrast to Pellegrini last season who got the tactics right against Barca. Just saying.

I find it interesting that Mourinho came out to play this way. It was counter attacking soccer, but nowhere near the complete-defensive approach he used with Inter-Barca last year in the CL semis. Had he been too defensive and "ugly" and won the match, the madristas would still not have been completely happy. For proof, just look back to Pellegrini last year. A great coach, but in the wrong team. Even the mighty Mou might not make it out of the contradictory cauldron that is Real Madrid. Nothing less than complete perfection is good enough for Madrid, and even the great one isn't that.

For my part, I'm fairly neautral, but watching Crissy, Mou, and Madrid suffer is ALWAYS a pleasure. Now he's been slapped with 2 game ban (should be 5) for manipulating their last CL game in the dirty way that he did. I'm loving it.

I have rarely seen a major team dominate another so greatly. There was a period in the 2nd half when Barça started passing like I have never seen, almost like hand to hand play from the Australian rugby team, very close, tiny passes, all one touch and lightning quick. Barça is the only team I have ever seen able to make passes to someone with a metre and a half on his defender, and somehow the defender never gets to him. I think defender must just spin and swirl, and though they move right, by instinct, they in fact are stunned.

It was sick really, just out of this world.

I have rarely seen a major team dominate another so greatly. There was a period in the 2nd half when Barça started passing like I have never seen, almost like hand to hand play from the Australian rugby team, very close, tiny passes, all one touch and lightning quick. Barça is the only team I have ever seen able to make passes to someone with a metre and a half on his defender, and somehow the defender never gets to him. I think defender must just spin and swirl, and though they move right, by instinct, they in fact are stunned.

It was sick really, just out of this world.

Yeah, and gotta love the commentator for it, he said and I quote "Orgasmic and Orgyastic" more than once.

But the passing in the 2nd half was just a thing of beauty.

Wow...waited a week to watch this one in its entirety. Basically just reaffirms my hate for Real Madrid.

What a dominating one sided display by Barca. Messi was his usual wizard like self all over the pitch.

Messi, what about Xavi and Iniesta, they were sublime.

Though if Messi puts the first rainbow chip of the goaline off the post and in instead off and out, he would of been my MoM as well.

Archived