De Guzman

superbrad

I think the level of disappointment a lot of people are expressing with de Guzman is similar to a lot of the criticism of Daniel Imhof's play during his best years for Canada. Like Imhof, a lot of the things de Guzman does, like closing down passing lanes, or showing for a pass, settling down possession, etc., aren't flashy and may not immediately be noticed, especially on television.

In many ways it is the exact opposite of a guy like De Rosario. Clearly an offensive talent, his on-the-ball flash often obscures his several shortcomings in other parts of the game.

I haven't watched all of TFC's matches this year, but I have seen most of the August matches and in these JDG has been consistently one of the 2 or 3 best guys on the pitch.

We should also note that it took him a while to adjust to la liga as well. When he first arrived at depor, i think in 2005, he was not getting regular playing time by any means. I still dont think we have seen the best from him yet in a tfc uniform.

well he will be 31 so he won't be that old, so I could see him giving europe another go, perhaps with a mid table bundesliga club. I dont think he will stay for 400,000 at 31 but mabye he would still be a DP but for less money. That is probably most likely, I don't think he will go back to europe, and I don't think he will re-sign for more than 1.7.

Archived