Deadline for Voyageurs Section Ticket Pre-Sale for Canada-Honduras is August 13th

Grizzly

The deadline has been set for our exclusive pre-sale in section 114 for the Canada-Honduras friendly. It is Friday, August 13th. After this date tickets will be on sale to the general public without the code. Ticket sales so far have been very poor and have been mostly local Montreal non-Voyageurs (season-ticket holders in 114, my Montreal group sale and other Montrealers who I have given the code to). In other words, ALMOST NO VOYAGEURS HAVE BOUGHT TICKETS YET IN THE VOYAGEURS SECTION. I know some people are waiting to finalize travel plans before buying and some groups are waiting to finalize numbers. However, if we want the CSA to keep organizing pre-sales for us, we need to show them that we will buy a good number of tickets. If you are planning on attending, please buy your tickets as soon as possible.

I'll be taking that bus from Kingston...

EDIT: Grizzly - any news on how many tickets have actually been sold in our section?

I can't give exact figures but sales in 114 are poor so far, very poor, in fact. Way below what I was expecting. I am hoping it is just that people are waiting to firm up travel plans or to see if they have enough people for a group sale. Also I think it is noticeable that after a fair bit of inquiry and talk about the game beforehand, since the tickets went on sale the threads about it here have been dead outside a few posters. It seems like this game has been completely overshadowed by the Peru game. Admittedly that is a more infrequent and interesting opponent and on a weekend but lets not forget about this game either. This game is against the team that traditionally eliminates us from WQC so it is probably a much more important game than the one against Peru. I don't know what ticket sales are like in the rest of the stadium or the Canadian/Honduran breakdown but the Honduran supporter's section is outselling the Voyageur's supporters section at least 4 to 1.

I can't give exact figures but sales in 114 are poor so far, very poor, in fact. Way below what I was expecting. I am hoping it is just that people are waiting to firm up travel plans or to see if they have enough people for a group sale. Also I think it is noticeable that after a fair bit of inquiry and talk about the game beforehand, since the tickets went on sale the threads about it here have been dead outside a few posters. It seems like this game has been completely overshadowed by the Peru game. Admittedly that is a more infrequent and interesting opponent and on a weekend but lets not forget about this game either. This game is against the team that traditionally eliminates us from WQC so it is probably a much more important game than the one against Peru. I don't know what ticket sales are like in the rest of the stadium or the Canadian/Honduran breakdown but the Honduran supporter's section is outselling the Voyageur's supporters section at least 4 to 1.

Grizzly, what kind of interest is there from the locals to watch this midweek game with Canada involved? In Toronto we obviously got the luck of the draw with a weekend game that was changed to accomidate viewing TFC away match afterwords. I know this luxury was not given to Montreal-ers but is there any interest in this game at all?

I believe to some extent there is a soccer saturation starting to set in. In the Toronto Area we had Man United, Celtic, Inter Milan, Panithanikos, Bolton, Colo Colo, Montagua, and in the future Cruz Azul and Peru Nats. Montreal has had a few visitors ontop of their regular season. Is this just a case of people being disinterested for the moment? I am hopeful that as it approaches game time, everyone will find the desire to come out and support the lads. However so far based on activity in this thread and others in other supporters sites, there is not much talk of this match.

Grizzly, what kind of interest is there from the locals to watch this midweek game with Canada involved? In Toronto we obviously got the luck of the draw with a weekend game that was changed to accomidate viewing TFC away match afterwords. I know this luxury was not given to Montreal-ers but is there any interest in this game at all?

It is hard to judge how much interest there is in Montreal as I only have access to the three Canadian supporters sections numbers. How Montreal does as far as supporting the team will mostly be determined by how much of the rest of the stadium is full of non-Hondurans supporters. At least this time they are advertising the match at the games. Certainly the date is not as good (for many the first day of school) as the weekend date for Toronto but the opponent is also not as good. Honduras is probably as good a team as Peru but Peru has a lot more cache especially to the non-soccer expert because they are South American and we don't play them often.

That being said, I am not dissatisfied with the Montreal portion of sales in 114. They are not huge numbers but the actual number of season ticket holders in 114 is not that large either and the Montreal contingent is pretty much what I expected. Also the neighbouring Canadian supporters sections have similar sales to 114 and I think that is mostly from Montreal. What I am disappointed in is the extremely small number of Voyageurs who have bought tickets from the other cities that are within easy driving distance of Montreal. It is far below the numbers I was expecting. We have complained for years about not having friendlies in Canada yet when we do have them, almost noone from the Voyageurs, the group that prides itself on travelling to support Canada, is coming. How can we expect the average soccer fan to support Canada when we the Voyageurs do not? How can we ask the CSA for pre-sales and supporters sections when we hardly buy any tickets despite hundreds if not thousands of members living within driving distance?

I just bought two tickets for this game. Can't wait! Slightly peed though, because I was initially suposed to bring a few people, but everyone got out and I was only able to scrounge one of my buddies to make the one-day trip.

Man, two games in a month?! Can't wait! Lets get those rankings up and get ourselves in good position for the next WCQ draw!

**EDIT**

Couldn't buy the tickets without the code.

Archived