Henry's MLS Arrival

Tuscan

Every team has two DP spots with the option to purchase a third spot for $250,000.

That money gets spread around to the other teams that do not have a third DP roster spot.

Wow I had no idea this was the case. *drools on Saputo family coffer*

Let's just say, as much as I think Henry is past it: he's still more capable than Mista at TFC, light years difference. Can't figure that one out.

You can't figure what out?

Henry is, by your own estimates, getting paid upwards of 5 million Euros for the remainder of 2010 and is on a long term deal with NYRB. Mista is getting a few hundred thousand dollars for the same time period, and is out of contract in December.

Obviously Henry will be expected to be the better of the two players, simply based on payscale and length of contract alone.

You can't figure what out?

Henry is, by your own estimates, getting paid upwards of 5 million Euros for the remainder of 2010 and is on a long term deal with NYRB. Mista is getting a few hundred thousand dollars for the same time period, and is out of contract in December.

Obviously Henry will be expected to be the better of the two players, simply based on payscale and length of contract alone.

So TFC underpays its DPs? Or the difference should be there because of the salaries? Okay, I accept that. But you still could have gotten a better player than Mista for the same price.

So TFC underpays its DPs? Or the difference should be there because of the salaries? Okay, I accept that. But you still could have gotten a better player than Mista for the same price.

You could be right. I prefer to wait until the end of the season to judge, though.

Mista has shown some class in the minutes he's gotten so far, although he's pretty out of shape. He'll have a lot of games to get into shape, so hopefully it works out.

Regardless, he's only under contract until December, so if it doesn't work out, it's no big loss. Plus, TFC could still sign one more DP if they find someone deemed worthy of such a designation.

Archived