Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

"Please, when you get emails and information that doesn’t come from us, disregard it as it is most likely one of the other groups pawns trying to feed you misinformation. If you want the truth and the correct information email or call me or call our President, as you know we will always not only take your calls but will be straight forward with you."

So don't look at both sides of the issue just take our word for it that we are right? If we want the truth to contact them? You mean like the truth about what the CSA reforms mean? Oh wait Jason de Vos eviscerated that bunch of untruths and showed how misleading they can be

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/blogs/jasondevos/2010/07/time-to-speak-up-about-state-of-canadian-soccer.html

Now is their misrepresentation due to ignorance or malice? I don't know and frankly I don't care because in either case they have proven themselves unfit and incapable for the positions they desire!

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone who uses the word terrorist to describe either side on an organization's public site does nothing but discredit the organization.

The site is also a quaint collection of what's wrong with the amateurism of youth soccer in Canada. A subdomain hosted on a public server, a template out of 1994, half the navigation is dead links, a crass slogan ("Go Raiders Go") to the buffoonish self-aggrandizing "We are a very successful competitive soccer club" in the first paragraph.

The fruit never falls far from the tree.

Anyone who uses the word terrorist to describe either side on an organization's public site does nothing but discredit the organization.

The site is also a quaint collection of what's wrong with the amateurism of youth soccer in Canada. A subdomain hosted on a public server, a template out of 1994, half the navigation is dead links, a crass slogan ("Go Raiders Go") to the buffoonish self-aggrandizing "We are a very successful competitive soccer club" in the first paragraph.

The fruit never falls far from the tree.

The sad part is that at one time the Raiders entered T1 and T2 teams (separate from their rec program) in EIYSA (Edmonton and area's club league) and did quite well until Mario managed to convince the organization to commit all their teams to EMSA. It's unfortunate to see, they used to have good people in that organization.

Ivan Magdee-wasnt he the "neutral" party that Mario brought with him to get billings to resign? Isnt he the same guy that is in charge of chairing the EMSA show trials where they suspend people prior to their hearing and then when they have their hearing he changes the time or cancels it? There was a good link to a blog on here describing Mr Mckee and the other individuals treatment. Isnt this the same guy whose bylaws state that when EMSA suspends you you are suspended from ASA and CSA. The man is a grade A thug. Every word he writes defines him. The West Raiders left Eiysa so they could get the automatic bye to provincials qualifying and Mario has been favouring them ever since. Ask the other EMSA clubs about it. Many back door deals are done. It is sad that this is painted by these people as all a matter of power of ASA-the theme being we have it and they want it and this war will go on forever. Basically everything wrong with ASA and CSA contained in one letter.

Ivan Magdee's letter was intended to "make sure all of you have the right information"???

His letter had many half-truths, ommissions, and errors. Here are a few I noticed.

1. He omitted that he was directly involved in the effort to suspend Billings (a serious ommission in my mind)

2. He stated the SGM was demanded by the membership so that they could receive clarity on the Billings suspension. I don't believe that was part of the agenda at all. The agenda items demanded by the membership dealt only with a vote to remove the majority of the board. (Magdee makes that vote seem almost like a side note)

3. He states that only the board can call an SGM according the ASA bylaws. In reality the ASA bylaws don't stipulate that. (The CSA bylaws are much more specific in that regard though)

4. He states as a fact that the 9AM SGM was illegal. I think that fact is very much up for debate.

5. He continually mentions that the CSA has recognized and subsequently ratified their recognition of the January Board. He does not mention that CSA has no legal right to determine the board of the ASA or that both the January board and the CSA have subsequently chosen to ignore a legally elected board member in Danny Bowie

6. He does not address the January Board's role in staff dismissals and the associated legal liabilities incurred.

7. On a more sarcastic note Mr. Magdee calls EMSA a "great" association. That one made me laugh out loud, but maybe I am just one of the "pawns" being used to feed you misinformation.

I am surprised that he would dare write and distribute this communication while the issue is before the courts. It was, however, very nice of Mr. Magdee to summarize all of the various mistruths being distributed in one neat letter

Good points OC-Every time these guys put pen to paper-fingers to keyboard or go on TV or radio they weaken their position. It must be very frustrating to them that neutral people like Dan Barnes-the journal, Jason Devos (CBC blog) or Marc Mconnell (CBC tv and radio) have looked into these matters and they have done nothing but expose these guys for what they are-bullies and liars. These reports are available to all of the EMSa people on an almost daily basis and no credible sources are siding with them. The Fan 1260 had Barnes on the other day and they went on and on woith the host making a lot of very disparaging comments about the January Board. These letters and website info packages are their pathetic attempts to sway the balance and try to keep their people isolated. This is getting harder by the day.

Good points OC-Every time these guys put pen to paper-fingers to keyboard or go on TV or radio they weaken their position. It must be very frustrating to them that neutral people like Dan Barnes-the journal, Jason Devos (CBC blog) or Marc Mconnell (CBC tv and radio) have looked into these matters and they have done nothing but expose these guys for what they are-bullies and liars. These reports are available to all of the EMSa people on an almost daily basis and no credible sources are siding with them. The Fan 1260 had Barnes on the other day and they went on and on woith the host making a lot of very disparaging comments about the January Board. These letters and website info packages are their pathetic attempts to sway the balance and try to keep their people isolated. This is getting harder by the day.

I also find it strange that an EMSA VP distributes this letter but you see no EMSA letterhead or any reference to the letter on the EMSA website. They work in the background but don't want any official reference on their own site. This is not the first communication from the group to come to light in this backwards manner.

What all the districts and associations ought to do is provide a link to the reform alberta soccer website and allow them to do their own research. Most of the pertinent documents and communications are there without commentary and the membership can form their own opinions of right and wrong.

I also find it strange that an EMSA VP distributes this letter but you see no EMSA letterhead or any reference to the letter on the EMSA website. They work in the background but don't want any official reference on their own site. This is not the first communication from the group to come to light in this backwards manner.

Mario's minder has now become the voice of the cabal. Leads me to think that the legal advice to the Jan 2010 board has been to stay out of the public debate pending the next stage of the legal proceedings. With language like that I see the analysts at NSA and CSIS having a good chuckle at this feeble attempt at laying the lumber on the soccer community. deVos's article sheds a credible, articulate and cutting analysis of their basic argument. Ivan's efforts are laughable in comparison

The public opinion is very much against them from what I see, and so something has to be done, and the minder is the guy to do it. Coach's reform Alberta soccer site is a significant asset and, I believe, will be a singular reference tool for anyone wanting clear unambiguous information on the issue.

What all the districts and associations ought to do is provide a link to the reform alberta soccer website and allow them to do their own research. Most of the pertinent documents and communications are there without commentary and the membership can form their own opinions of right and wrong.

I sent an email to my local Calgary club (a big one) and in their just recently sent response from a senior exec, they are well aware of the situation and very unhappy with the current state of affairs vis a vis the CMSA backing of the Jan board. Somewhat ironically, they provided me the reform alberta soccer website url as a great source of information on the affair. The word is out!!!

I sent an email to my local Calgary club (a big one) and in their just recently sent response from a senior exec, they are well aware of the situation and very unhappy with the current state of affairs vis a vis the CMSA backing of the Jan board. Somewhat ironically, they provided me the reform alberta soccer website url as a great source of information on the affair. The word is out!!!

a_coach_in_alberta will be so proud :)

Too cool for words.

a_coach_in_alberta will be so proud :)

Too cool for words.

Exactly! Each one of us should do our part. One email at a time can do wonders when it comes to educating membership at large, not to mention the kind of impact we can make with our local clubs.

I hear that the most recent Calgary CSF meeting where the various subgroups in Calgary soccer get together was scuttled as Colin Innes who was the chair tried to remove the CWSA representative because the were suing ASA. Apparently the other members stood in support of her and walked out the door and denied quorum. Things are getting dodgy for poor Colin in calgary as people get knowledge of what he has been up to.

I hear that the most recent Calgary CSF meeting where the various subgroups in Calgary soccer get together was scuttled as Colin Innes who was the chair tried to remove the CWSA representative because the were suing ASA. Apparently the other members stood in support of her and walked out the door and denied quorum. Things are getting dodgy for poor Colin in calgary as people get knowledge of what he has been up to.

That is beautiful news. Colin has been pushing his own personal agenda for too long

The last train has pulled out of the station for the old guard. People involved in coaching / admin but who couldn't give a rat's ass about soccer politics have had enough and are standing up. Say goodnight old guard.

The last train has pulled out of the station for the old guard. People involved in coaching / admin but who couldn't give a rat's ass about soccer politics have had enough and are standing up. Say goodnight old guard.

Apparently the last CUSA BM was quite an unpleasant one for poor dear Collin. His board members seem to be waking up and are asking a lot of questions. He managed to aggravate a lot of them when he tried to convice them that "ASA representatives" Ray Calvin and Fred Kern were in Three Hills trying to ensure that Rural T4 Provincials proceed "without a glitch!"

The boy seems to be losing his touch :)

Apparently the last CUSA BM was quite an unpleasant one for poor dear Collin. His board members seem to be waking up and are asking a lot of questions. He managed to aggravate a lot of them when he tried to convice them that "ASA representatives" Ray Calvin and Fred Kern were in Three Hills trying to ensure that Rural T4 Provincials proceed "without a glitch!"

The boy seems to be losing his touch :)

He tried to convince people that representives from the "ASA board" which had cancelled that particular tournament were in reality in attendance to ensure the "unsanctioned" tournament proceeded without a glitch? ????? Did I read that right?

How dumb does he think people are?

He tried to convince people that representives from the "ASA board" which had cancelled that particular tournament were in reality in attendance to ensure the "unsanctioned" tournament proceeded without a glitch? ????? Did I read that right?

How dumb does he think people are?

Apparently dumb enough to somehow believe he didn't run for a Board position in order to flog his "for pay" website, as he more or less openly stated in his company prospectus in 2005.

Well, this is what happens when one tells too many lies....they eventually lose track of what was said in the past. I recommend Collin gets a large binder to keep all of his "truths" on file. He should be well versed in assembling one. Faling that, Binders 'R us would be more than happy to assist.

YYC-you arent talking about the 2 binders Colin photocopied and then charged ASA $500 in expenses are you? I guess the staff we had before he fired them all couldnt have done it. I wonder how many binders he photocopied when he went out east instead of the tech people to help with National all stars?

Bingo 1867!

Collin obviously felt that the ASA staffers could not be trusted with highly “classified” information. Staffers might have alerted Chris (isn’t that the reason all of them have been terminated, for communicating with their President?), so the entire operation would have been in jeopardy. As you may know, only a chosen few (likely only those EMSA & CMSA tried to blackmail into submission) across Alberta have seen the contents of the pricey binders.

Besides, if staff members did the copying, Collin would not have been able to charge $125 for “labour”. This, needless to say, is in a complete contradiction with the bylaws. But then again, since when did Collin and the lot care about the bylaws, or right or wrong for that matter?

Archived