Alberta Soccer Dispute Continues ON

oc64

This supposed February gowlings opinion doesnt exist or is based on false facts or does not say what he wants it to-but he based the whole suspension on the opinion-either way they show all kinds of other things but not this. Mario has said that Gowlings wont let him show it yet he showed the other opinion that said the current bylaws dont count and ths was from the same company. Seems to me that clients can show their opinions to whoever they want and if it was for ASA we are all party to it anyway. Another contradiction to add to the long list i guess. Maybe Mario will be examined on ths point for the lawsut and will have to produce it. If he doesnt the Justice can make the proper inference. He is a liar.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Richard-very true-but when the voters rights are removed by a coupe which claims legitmacy based on a legal opinion it seems to me that it would be incumbent on the usurpers to produce it. Would you not agree with that assessment? My point was that if you use it as a fig leaf and you dont produce it then we can reach our own conclusions about the legitimacy of the actions. Legal opinions depend on the thoroughness of the lawyer and the truth of the facts presented by the client.

Ouch!! Good article. Nice to see the truth come out in sherwood park. People need to shine a light on chaters activities in this dispute. She was appointed by Innes etc as a replacement board member and has been showing her loyalty by making allegations against Billings-suspending, bullying and firing female staff members at ASA and suspending Sherwood park coaches. People need to keep that in mind in sherwood park.

"Keep politics out of youth soccer"

Letter to the Editor in the Sherwood Park News

Oh that's gotta hurt :)

You know this whole fiasco was on low heat until they messed with the kids playing. I really think that they will live to regret that for a long long time. I can just hear the meeting where this "great idea" was floated:

BM1: They are going ahead with the games.

BM2: They called our bluff on the insurance not being covered?

BM1: Yes and now they are going to proceed.

BM3: Hey why don't we lock up all the medals and trophies?

BM2: Yea that will teach them a lesson!

BM1: Great idea, lets do it.

At this point anyone who supports Mario or Colin at the next SGM/AGM is committing political suicide. I can see a district level house cleaning coming and anyone who has or will support Mario will be too busy fighting for their own survival to mess things up for the rest of us.

TMCMurph-Loved your meeting minutes-they may be the only minutes that have been taken by the Maro board-however-You assume they have meetings-colin mario and traficante talk on the phone and the others are given their marching orders-christine fred-hayne-jossy and deberger have the dirty work. Mario and Fred use their vast public relations abilities to put a good light on things.

Here is a good question-Danny bowie was elected in January to the ASA Board and as far as I know never suspended-yet-after he wouldnt sign the suspension paper n February he hasnt been invited to a single meeting or included in any correspondence. Doesnt this make every decision these guys have made since then illegal since he hasnt been given meetings notice? I suppose when you govern under martial law you dont need meetings and given all the other illegalities t may seem trivial-but it just shows you what Mario and colin think of democracy and bylaws. If you dont agree with them you are out.

Here is a good question-Danny bowie was elected in January to the ASA Board and as far as I know never suspended-yet-after he wouldnt sign the suspension paper n February he hasnt been invited to a single meeting or included in any correspondence. Doesnt this make every decision these guys have made since then illegal since he hasnt been given meetings notice? I suppose when you govern under martial law you dont need meetings and given all the other illegalities t may seem trivial-but it just shows you what Mario and colin think of democracy and bylaws. If you dont agree with them you are out.

I have wondered about this too. No one disputes Danny Bowie's position on the board yet they don't include him in their correspondence or decisions. I'm not sure what to make of that. I guess the EFC is ruling the Mario-Colin board and they decide who to include in their communications.

Oc-what is the EFC-executive fnance committee?

Yes, Colin frequently refers to it as though it is some all powerful committee empowered to make decisions without regard to the other board members.

Awesome article-Jason hits the nail on the head-Charpentier's entire focus is finding people who he can trade deals and votes with so he can get what he wants-money-revenge-free provincials berths-power-influence and they can get what they want-tier 4 medals-computer contracts-prestige-blazers etc. Everything is based on conflict of interest. If CSA and ASA removed this conflct and allowed skilled professionals to run things so many of these inane turf battles would end. Devos with that one letter truly exposes Charpentier-narrow minded-greedy and a liar. He is the face of what is wrong in Alberta and Canada.

Awesome article-Jason hits the nail on the head-Charpentier's entire focus is finding people who he can trade deals and votes with so he can get what he wants-money-revenge-free provincials berths-power-influence and they can get what they want-tier 4 medals-computer contracts-prestige-blazers etc. Everything is based on conflict of interest. If CSA and ASA removed this conflct and allowed skilled professionals to run things so many of these inane turf battles would end. Devos with that one letter truly exposes Charpentier-narrow minded-greedy and a liar. He is the face of what is wrong in Alberta and Canada.

1867;

Some of the rhetoric/name calling needs to be toned down a bit. We are all interested in changing how things work, but to be a credible force for this change we need some decorum. Imagine someone reading this who may have given some thought to putting their name forward to help affect change - I think I would be reluctant myself if in doing so I exposed myself to the name calling if I decided to make changes in a way that while 'altruistic' was different from your opinion.

my 2cents

So Mario "grossly misrepresents" things like what the changes at the CSA would mean. Okay we'll leave the "L" word out but it was nice of to JDV eviscerate the arguments and statement put forward by Mr. Charpentier.

Besides verbose sarcasm works so much better. Just think "Andrew Dice Clay" or "George Carlin"?

I think you call a spade a spade. I appreciate your incite especially with your EIYSA-EMSA dealings over the years. You have experience with putting your name forward and being called alot of different names in Red Deer. Soccer in Alberta needs more outspoken people like yourself who are not afraid to speak out.

Beetle-who called me what???...I'm kidding. It is nice to have a place to vent and get the message out-people cant really believe the BS that we have been putting up with out here in Alberta. I once heard these guys say futsal was dangerous and 7 v v non-boarded illegal and indoor boarded was the game of the future and they tried to suspend non-boarded whch was played in one league but not the type played in calgary. Nice to see Devo expose these guys. We need more of it-the one thing standing in the way of reform will be these guys staying in long enough to vote with Quebec and one other province like Manitoba...my apologies to Manitoba. As for ASA-we need to remain firm and get the message out one district at a time. No doubt the old guard is out offering goodies to the Ray Calvins and Christine Chaters of each district.

I wonder of the 7 Charpentiers board members left,which of them played soccer at an Elite level. Devos opinion can be respected as he comes from a soccer mindset- the man played at an elite level.

The same problem at most District boards is that the decisions are made by non-soccer people,they have an interest and want to help but dont make their decisions based on Soccer knowledge. ASA hires seems to hire good soccer people but ignores their advice if it contradicts the boards direction.

Beetle-fyi-Kern played and coached at a good level but he is not a factor on that board...chaters-innes-mario-jossy-deberger and hayne couldnt kick a ball to save their lives. These are the soccer people we have purportng to run the province. I would think someone who did play at an elite level would not want to see the game brought so low.

Archived