Good News for the Nova Scotia Soccer Association

Lurker

Thanks that's great to hear. Halifax already has a lot of government-funded turf. I've met kids who told me they almost never play on grass. Someone out there is world class at lobbying the province and feds.

Having played on halifax grass and turf fields throughout my youth, I'll take the latter 9x out of 10 (in the city at least). HRM keeps a lot of it's fields in shameful conditions. Turf was definitely a huge step up when you got to play on it. The smaller muni's keep their fields in pretty good condition, but HRM was always brutal.

Also, from what I've heard indoor soccer registration is absolutely exploding so these facilities will definitely go to good use.

Glad to hear about the facilities. It was interesting reading about all the grass in the World Cup coming from Canadian seed, which is quite ironic (at least in Central Canada) because throw out most municipalities marquis facilities and the soccer fields are generally tundra, weeds or dirt. We're also very hit and miss regarding turf facilities per capita. Some cities have done quite well for their residents, others left them high and dry. Halifax and Vancouver are two of the better soccer-friendly cities in garnering federal and provincial funding and providing facilities.

Archived