Fresh Start for Street

Dare431

He's got options. If things with TFC/MTL/VAN etc. don't work out there's short-term PT to be had in the CSL or PDL, their seasons start up in the next couple of months and the PDL season ends just in time to trial in Europe this fall. I wouldn't advise wasting his time in US College, he's too far advanced a prospect for that avenue.

He's got options. If things with TFC/MTL/VAN etc. don't work out there's short-term PT to be had in the CSL or PDL, their seasons start up in the next couple of months and the PDL season ends just in time to trial in Europe this fall. I wouldn't advise wasting his time in US College, he's too far advanced a prospect for that avenue.

Not so sure about him being too advanced for the NCAA. Adam has never played a pro game and was essentially a youth team player for WHU. We've seen plenty of Canadians in youth teams having different path like Giacomi and Lindley. Thomas Lindley was at a similar point (playing reserves games with Sheffield U. and a member of our U-20 program) before moving to Simon Fraser.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see him getting a pro contract somewhere in NA but the NCAA might be his best option. He is only 18 yrs old, so maybe playing 2-3 yrs with a good program could help him developp and he'll be the next Stefan Frei....

Not so sure about him being too advanced for the NCAA. Adam has never played a pro game and was essentially a youth team player for WHU. We've seen plenty of Canadians in youth teams having different path like Giacomi and Lindley. Thomas Lindley was at a similar point (playing reserves games with Sheffield U. and a member of our U-20 program) before moving to Simon Fraser.

Don't get me wrong, I would like to see him getting a pro contract somewhere in NA but the NCAA might be his best option. He is only 18 yrs old, so maybe playing 2-3 yrs with a good program could help him developp and he'll be the next Stefan Frei....

Yeah, he would still be eligble for GA status wouldn't he be?

Which always is a boost for players going into the MLS throught he Draft from NCAA.

Adam has way more talent than either Lindley and Giacomi ever had though.If he does choose that route it wouldn't be the end of the world, the NCAA has done a decent job of developing goaltenders in the past. However i'm not even sure he's eligible to play Div I anymore, he would have received a per diem at WHU so he would probably have to play DII (which isn't as bad as it sounds because of all the international players). Anwyays, i just don't see him going in that direction, he strikes me as being ready to be a starter at the lower pro level. If he were to join Montreal and get a year or two as a starter for TR Attak under his belt i could see him being their starter or atleast battling for the starting job when they join MLS. But he may decide to stay close to home after being away for so long, so, if i'm the Lynx or a certain new CSL team located down the road from Streetsville (hint, hint) i'm probably giving him a call right now...

I'm wondering his reasons for leaving the club. My guess would be homesickness. However I couldn't see him wanting to jump at the chance at playing in the CSL if he was involved in West Ham's reserves for the past couple of years. My guess would he is trying to get a contract with TFC? Even so, he is probably best to go somewhere where he can have first team football even if it is the CSL. I'd go and watch him play for sure

^ I'm sure he's still looking to land a deal with TFC if that door is still open, but who knows what's going on? He had a trial with them and then left and now he's in limbo.

Could be he's just regrouping before giving Europe another shot in the fall? He was the odd man out at West Ham, only got 1 start in a reserve friendly and 4 starts with the U18's. Seems like they wanted to give one of the younger keepers some PT with the U18's and he had the two older developing guys (Stech and Kurucz) crowding him out with the reserves. If he had been in a different situation with a different club he might have been starting reserve games.

Archived