A look at sports cups in Canada

Yes, I have a blog and occasionally spam my stuff on this board. No, this isn't mine. Yes, I think it's a good article.

With that out of the way, read this. You'll learn something.

http://www.examiner.com/x-34297-Soccer-Examiner~y2010m2d12-The-Prize-sports-championship-cups-lore-the-Voyageurs-and-a-namesake-Cup

To be honest, that was the first I'd heard of the Connaught Cup and the English FA hand-me-down trophies. Also hadn't been aware that the current V-Cup was built in Winnipeg, though I was aware of WF's crucial role in the process.

If you ever get a chance to speak with Richard Scott, he can give you the fully detailed version of what was spoken about in that article. It's a very interesting history, and I wonder if at some point in the future part of that history will be brought back to our current excellent competition.

My dear friend Dennis Fitter did a marveloius job in putting our Cup in it's proper perspective.One day this story will be a very great part of Canadian soccer history,the Cup that truly represents soccer and it's amazing Canadian fans.

For those of you who wondered what happened to m e ,well I spent some time in Holland my mother passes away after 95 years and gave me the great opportunity if this is one to watch three Canadians in action last week end.Marcel de Jong is a very valuable member on his team,Lensky and Jonathan both starters did well and yours truly enjoyed it a lot.The Dutch are really great Canadian fans in their constant admiration of Candians at the Olympics and really want them to do well.They did a wonderfull 15 minute special on Jerremy Wetherspoon .

Anyway back in Canada ,this time watching the Olympics at a decent time.

Now about that Swiss team,all my Dutch friends asked me about it and I was stunned ,what happened.Anyway we still won.

Thanks and at 95,I don't know if I want to live this long that way,dementia etc for the last ten years.

You do this only once in your life time and the good side is that it brings the family and friends together and this was very reveailing and very uplifting,I have a great family and many old but very close friends back home.

Archived