State of the CCL / Voyageurs Cup

Lets say worst case scenario is Montreal and Vancvouer move to TOA league and aren't allowed into the Champions League AND no other city gets a USL 1 franchise. The following could still happen:

A) Voyageurs Cup is the same format and includes Montreal and Vancouver, but doesn't determine who goes to the Champions League (Toronto FC goes as only team in a real league I guess)

B) CSL clubs participate since they are sanctioned by FIFA are they not?

C) PDL clubs... they participate in the US Open Cup, why not Canada's?

Either way, please CSA, continue the Voyageurs Cup!

quote:Originally posted by michaeltfc91

B) CSL clubs participate since they are sanctioned by FIFA are they not?

C) PDL clubs... they participate in the US Open Cup, why not Canada's?

Does this make the V-Cup any better?

And, in regards to point B, please re read Bxl Boy's post above ( point #2 of his post) in regards to why it would make no sence to let CSL teams play in such competition.

quote:Originally posted by MediaGuy

Um, you're aware that there is a tad bit of politics involved with this game, right?

If the league isn't sanctioned by the governing bodies, it will be an outlaw league and I have strong doubts that its teams will be eligible for international play.

That term is funny to me for some reason, makes me think of guys running around in a decrepit stadium trying to play footy without getting busted by the cops or someting... :D

All this discussion just further proves that the CSA has no control over the pyramid of play in Canada. Pro, amateur, semi-pro, university, farm teams, academies, age restricted, etc, all just make it more confusing for the casual fan. I agree with a comment I read about the CSA growing a pair. ;) It might have been on another topic.

One question, the TOA is division 2 in the US but applying for division 1 in Canada. Isn't the MLS division 1 in Canada? So the leagues in Canada are on par? Silly, it just adds to the confusion.

Archived