Voyageurs Cup - Meet Up Exchange

Thought I'd start a new thread to hopefully set something up for travelling Voyageurs to meet up during the Canadian CONCACAF Champions League Matches. I think it would an opportunity for Voyaguers to meet each other in person and at least put some faces to the names.

We need a person who wants to take the lead in each City to organize and set up a meet up for some pre/post game mingling and friendly trash talking at a local pub. - Call is Canadiana Hospitality!!

The first one is set for this coming Wed. May 6th when Vancouver visits TFC. I'd be happy to take the Toronto lead and set something up. - Most likely we'll either join a pub with one of the local Supporter groups or if we want we can do our own thing.

Let me know what everyone thinks of the idea. - Thanks.

I recieved 2 location suggestions:

1) Shoeless Joe's @ 1189 King St. W. (King & Dufferin) - RBP Supporters Home Pub

OR

2) The Football Factory @ 166 Bathurst St (Bathurst & Richmond) - Neutral Supporters Pub

I'm indifferent to either location, but lets pick one and set 5pm Wed. May 6th for the meet up time. First round of drinks is on me for Travelling Voyageurs...

Yeah, i'm from Toronto, but I'm a season ticket holder with all 3 clubs. In fact, i'll be in Montreal on the weekend for their home opener.

I know there are alot of Vs who are also club supporters, and I thought i'd give this a try to help build up the Vs community base and potentially increase the cross-country relationship networks amongst everyone. I think its great and healthy having these inter-city club rivalries, but at the end of the day, we are all Canadian and why not utilize this existing mechanism as away to spread some hospitality and get to know each other a bit better. I'm guessing this can only be a good thing to expand on when we gather and meet up for the national team.

Not going to bore you with the rational or background, but it was just an idea thought i'd see if it would work. Didn't want to make it a big deal, just basically sharing a few pints with some fellow visiting and/or local Vs and getting to know them better before the game. I'm sure everyone has their own vision of where they'd like the Vs to be but the first step I'm thinking is to build relationships and networks at the grass roots level. And why not use the clubs base as a good starting point. Maybe it won't work, but hey, at least we tried and shared a pint or two, theres no harm in that.

And regardless i always like to meet my fellow Canadians no matter where they are from. The game of soccer is a unifying force and an international language. So my offer still stands and if anyone is interested in getting together lmk.

quote:Originally posted by BrennanFan

don't think too many Vs will be traveling for the Van-TFC matches.

and the montreal/Toronto Vs that post here probably won't be spending much time together before the games.

are you from toronto scorpio?

I actually spend an hour or so after the Aug 20 game with a few well known Montreal Vs. I had a (very) brief conversation with a southsider after the TFC game Sat. I think we all understand where we come from when the nats play. As much as the core here are at each other's throats right now, I don't think there would be much of an issue if any of us spent time together after the game. The problems would come from others less inclined to spend time on the Vs.

quote:Originally posted by devioustrevor

I was just about to order tickets for the Montreal-Toronto game in Montreal when it occurred to me to find this out. Does anybody know which section is for away supporters?

The away supporters are always in section 222 or 223.

Guest speedmonk42

If anyone is coming... well let us know.

We know of one guy coming from Vancouver... he is sitting in 113 Usector section I believe, already went to one game.

If there is anyone else speak up.

So are we meeting up at 5pm? - Factory or Shoeless? I had lunch yesterday with some Caps front office staff and watched the ManU game at Factory. Told them they had to "experience" a pre-game at Shoeless as I wanted them to walk thru the tunnel with the RBP march. They will meet up wherever we go, I just have to txt them. So have we decided on a location?

Just want to say that we had a great time. I introduced the Caps guys to some of the RPB leadership and were really impressed with the TFC fan base. I invited the owner of Shoeless over to introduce them and he bought them a free round. Before the game, I walked them up into my section (in the supporters) and they really enjoyed it and took lots of pics. Too bad it started to rain during the match as I wanted them to stand in our section for part of it.

On a side note - I happened to visit the Telelatino Corp Box during the second half and I met Montreal Impact owner - Joey Saputo who was there watching the game. Very down to earth and a nice guy. Introduced myself and told him I'm a season ticket holder in all 3 clubs and stuff and how we met up with the Caps staff and hopefully we can repeat it next week when the Impact visit Toronto. Hopefully we can set something up. I did promise him I'll be wearing my Impact jersey at this Saturday's Impact home opener. Should be a good time.

Archived