Financial Rewards for Champs League teams

Also, the worst part of Montreal's loss last night is the millions of dollars the City of Montreal won't be seeing. Do the math:

55,571 fans @ $20 / ticket = $1,000,000 cha-ching!

add to that the food/beverage/Impact gear sales: another quarter - half million. I say a game like the one at the Big-O on Feb 25 pulls in at least 1.5 million. That's some good cash for a USL team and for the city!

quote:Originally posted by ottawaguy2009

Also, the worst part of Montreal's loss last night is the millions of dollars the City of Montreal won't be seeing. Do the math:

55,571 fans @ $20 / ticket = $1,000,000 cha-ching!

add to that the food/beverage/Impact gear sales: another quarter - half million. I say a game like the one at the Big-O on Feb 25 pulls in at least 1.5 million. That's some good cash for a USL team and for the city!

For a club like the Impact, the surprising bonus of having had 1 such game far outweighs the disappointment of not having been able to secure a 2nd.

quote:Originally posted by gwallace76

That collapse yesterday cost the impact somewhere between $500,000 and $5,000,000 I figure.

Watch the words you use, guys, it never cost the Impact anything, it just means the club doesn't get it, but it's not like they're in the red and needed the game.

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

Lost potential revenue or operating loss?

Potential revenue. Immediate potential revenue.

Hard to predict/imagine the lasting benefits a 2nd CCL match at The Big Owe could have had.

All the same, the Impact brand has certainly increased it's value over this past year.

It's just it could have done sooo much more. The club was leading 4-1 aggregate with 45 minutes to go FFS!

Archived