Stadium

canadianfoot

I just read a few treads in which the word SSS keeps coming up. Can we all please in the name of ...(politically correct) agree on one thing.

For real soccer fans a Soccer Stadium IS a SOCCER STADIUM.

The bullshiite of Specific Soccer Stadium is killing me.

It's either Soccer Stadium or just stadium. I don't care if they play cricket there or play rugby. Then it's a stadium not a Soccer Stadium. The guy that coined the term should be shot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soccer-specific_stadium

Do we say when watching TV: Oh look honey the

- Canucks are playing in a Specific Hockey Arena

- The BC Lions are playing in a Canadian Football Stadium

C'mon please agree on that one with me people.

Time to drink a bottle Belvedere have some Diazepam & go to bed.....[:o)]

So what you are saying then is that Pizza Hut Park is a soccer stadium, but Rome's Stadio Olimpico (home to Lazio, Roma, and the Italian National Team) is not a soccer stadium, right?

The Stadio Olimpico is a multi-purpose design, including a running track. It is not soccer-specific. So if you are saying that "SSS" is equivalent to "soccer stadium", then since the Stadio Olimpico is not SSS, it cannot be called a soccer stadium, according to your terminology.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, I just want to be clear.

quote:Originally posted by orletafc

Do we say when watching TV: Oh look honey the

- Canucks are playing in a Specific Hockey Arena

[:o)]

Yes.

The Canucks do play in specific hockey arena, It's GM Place. However GM Place is not a hockey specific arena as it does host basketball games, concerts and other events.

[:P]

Sorry guys jetlag and alcohol affect my judgement. Went to Japan to drop my family off and my brother in-law took me to a Jubilo's Iwata practice. Been there a few times before and it drives me nuts to see that a city similar in population size to Burnaby being able to have not only a Stadium(15k+ seats) but good training facilities. And we can't get a fu...g thing off the ground because of either redtape or some lunatics that just want to protest because it's within their rights. When I drove by Swanny the other day I just wanted to cryyyyyyyyyyyy

Archived