whitecaps

Streets

no, only guest posts must be approved. And there are a bunch of us that can approve those, including myself. Although I tend to only approved guest posts myself if I view them as having some merritt. If you want to be a troll and post "ZYX is a C*cksucker" then register, because no one is going to manually approve that.

This is the second time you have accused me of posting anti-semitic remarks. I guess you have to accuse me of that because all of the misogynist and homophobic comments are posted by yourself so being anti semitic is the only hateful thing left you can accuse someone of. You'd better think again before slandering me in another post. Plus you might want to learn what an anti-semitic comment is.

As for personal attacks against you, you reap what you sow.

As for the southsider board, who gives a crap if I can post there or not. If I wanted to I can go anywhere outside of my IP address and post, it's not worth the bother.

Anyway, Streets asked the question as to whether there was a board where "we are free to shoot the $hit free as we choose" and the answer is no.

anti-semetic comments posted on the southsiders board,i have not seen any.(believe i would know if there were)

labeling krammerhead an anti-semite is wayyyyyyyyyyy out of line.he is opinionated,sometimes vulgar,witty,and even sometimes irritating,buts thats what these forums on the net are supposed to be,places where we can express ourselves and our opinions freely and openly.krammerhead is a message board legend,who has managed to piss off legions of opposing soccer fans from coast to coast(no small feat)

message to krammerhead:

get your old site up and running again,only you can save the southsiders from going corporate.morbs site is pretty much now a whitecaps intellectual property and an offical ie:sanctioned by the caps)message board.

ressuerct the old site as the unofficial whitecaps fans message board.

kill the monopoly.

quote:Originally posted by snake

anti-semetic comments posted on the southsiders board,i have not seen any.(believe i would know if there were)

labeling krammerhead an anti-semite is wayyyyyyyyyyy out of line.he is opinionated,sometimes vulgar,witty,and even sometimes irritating,buts thats what these forums on the net are supposed to be,places where we can express ourselves and our opinions freely and openly.krammerhead is a message board legend,who has managed to piss off legions of opposing soccer fans from coast to coast(no small feat)

message to krammerhead:

get your old site up and running again,only you can save the southsiders from going corporate.morbs site is pretty much now a whitecaps intellectual property and an offical ie:sanctioned by the caps)message board.

ressuerct the old site as the unofficial whitecaps fans message board.

kill the monopoly.

Snake, that was beautiful. That made me want to clarify things.

After being banned from the S.S. board I registered under a new name. How funny I thought, that hockey great Darryl Sittler have a child that he named "Adolf". So I registered under the name Adolf Sittler and went on posting on the southsiders board. This was deemed offensive by the central scrutinizer at the southsiders and I was told that the name was offensive and I'd have to change my name to something else. Being the drunk that I am, after a few too many drinks I made a post knowing that it would be deleted because everything else I posted was and decided I would offend Morbital by insulting someone he loves. I believe I posted something to the effect that Bob Lenarduzzi gasses jews. Why? Because somehow Morbital thought my username was akin to a nazi sympathizer and I thought I'd play on that. It was tasteless and offensive but something only the central scrutinizer would ever read and I knew it would be deleted before anyone could read it. But it seems to be a good thing for him to use against me. Hence I am now an anti-semite even though I have no reason to be and nowhere upon my thousands of posts on the internet have I shown to be such.

Snake, I have been contacted by some other Southsiders via email, some that I have never even met before. There seems to be an interest into creating an independent supporters board by others other than myself. It seems that other people have decided that the supporters need a website that is not run by someone on the Whitecaps payroll. I wish them good luck. I don't have the energy to do that anymore, although I'll offer my insight and an old fogeys perspective if needed. It's good to see that some fans have the knowledge that a supporters site need to be independent.

they anti semitic comments were posted from his IP address as guest posts, guest posts as other southsider forum mods will tell you, do not appear until approved, quite reasonably i deleted the posts and banned his ip, i dont need to prove myself to anyone, the majority of southsiders know that i pour my sweat and blood into the caps and the southside and are well aware of certain posters attitude problems.

the southsiders forum has always been independant of the whitecaps orgainization, if it wasnt maybe i wouldnt have to break the bank every month to keep it running.

quote:Originally posted by Streets

Where are the non cyber nerds that made things interesting? If there is one thing lacking in vancouver's football scene is a site where we shoot the **** free as we choose!

Yes there is. Go to the Southsiders forums and you will be able to talk Caps, international footy, and shoot the **** in off-topic. Take the banter between Krammerhead and Morbital in stride as this has been going on for a few years. The rest of the Southsiders have insightful (usually [:P]) comments, whether you agree with a position or not.

You can comment for or against the club all you want. The site is independent. The day anyone got edited for an opposing view against the club, you would see a mass exodus. Honestly, IMO, those that are calling for a "new, independant site" have reasons that have more to do with going against the current site operator and less to do with talking football.

Grandstander, you have no idea what you are talking about. The ones expressing an interest in creating their own site have no beef with the southsiders, as far as I know, and do not want to compete with the southsiders and their website in any way. They are just interested in creating an independent website. The southsiders website hasn't been updated in years anyway.

Streets, go ahead and join the southsiders board. You won't get banned for posting an opposing view against the club, but a heap load of crap will be hurled your way. Also don't post any religious jokes in the "off topic" section. Those will be deleted!

quote:Originally posted by HamiltonSteelers

Adolf Sittler : hilarious. (still giggling at that)

Gassing : kinda too far, IMHO.

You are correct. But I knew nobody would be reading it except for Morbital, and I knew it would get up his butt. Afterall I hear he was offended when the southiders hung up a Japanese flag on the fence in the Southside due to world war 2.

I bet he thinks Mel Brooks Hitler rap is anti-semitic.

quote:Originally posted by Krammerhead

Grandstander, you have no idea what you are talking about. The ones expressing an interest in creating their own site have no beef with the southsiders, as far as I know, and do not want to compete with the southsiders and their website in any way. They are just interested in creating an independent website. The southsiders website hasn't been updated in years anyway.

Streets, go ahead and join the southsiders board. You won't get banned for posting an opposing view against the club, but a heap load of crap will be hurled your way. Also don't post any religious jokes in the "off topic" section. Those will be deleted!

I don't know what makes the current site not independent.

Also I never said anyone had issues with the Southsiders, I said the operator.

Finally, it's too bad that you wouldn't post without making an attempt to push boundaries, which is what the Adolf Sitler was designed to do. It had nothing to do with Whitecaps or any of the other three forums. Morbital may have made the keystrokes to ban you, but who's to say other people may (or may not) be offended. I believe you got a wrap on the wrist for just saying Adolf Sitler at USLdiscussions.com. So other people didn't like the lines you were crossin, just to push one person's buttons.

quote:Originally posted by Grandstander

Finally, it's too bad that you wouldn't post without making an attempt to push boundaries, which is what the Adolf Sitler was designed to do. It had nothing to do with Whitecaps or any of the other three forums. Morbital may have made the keystrokes to ban you, but who's to say other people may (or may not) be offended. I believe you got a wrap on the wrist for just saying Adolf Sitler at USLdiscussions.com. So other people didn't like the lines you were crossin, just to push one person's buttons.

I pushed the boundaries as a test as I was told by a prominent southsider that I should come back on board because there was absolutely no censorship on the board anymore. I doubted that fact, and I was correct. As for the slap on the wrist on USL discussions, I believe the webmaster, Dan Barnes, on that board misunderstood my post. He thought I was referring to Morbital as Adolf Sittler. I don't think I'm as offensive as most people make out. In fact Mr. Barnes and his wife took a trip from Minnesota out to Swangard a few years ago and sought me out in the southside and we had a chat.

I chose Adolf Sittler as a name because it is funny. Of course the name had nothing to do with the southsiders or the other 3 forums. How many peoples usernames on that board actually do? The username also had nothing to do with offending anyone, it's a funny name that I have created for various players in EA sports games I play and I though that I can't use Krammerhead on the board so I chose that.

As for those that have emailed me asking me to re-activate my southsiders site or mentioned they are interested in starting their own supporters site, I don't think they have a beef with the operator of the southsiders. Like I said, I haven't even met the people emailing me.

One more thing while I think about it. The first thing the present operator did after I agreed to remove my southsiders forum and let him take over (yeah lets not forget that if I hadn't been running the board for a few years there probably would have been nobody left in the southsiders) he went and created avatars of the Portland fans that had signed up by cutting and pasting penises in photos their faces. So really he shouldn't get all self righteous about things.

quote:Originally posted by Grandstander

I pushed the boundaries as a test as I was told by a prominent southsider that I should come back on board because there was absolutely no censorship on the board anymore. I doubted that fact, and I was correct. As for the slap on the wrist on USL discussions, I believe the webmaster, Dan Barnes, on that board misunderstood my post. He thought I was referring to Morbital as Adolf Sittler. I don't think I'm as offensive as most people make out. In fact Mr. Barnes and his wife took a trip from Minnesota out to Swangard a few years ago and sought me out in the southside and we had a chat.

I chose Adolf Sittler as a name because it is funny. Of course the name had nothing to do with the southsiders or the other 3 forums. How many peoples usernames on that board actually do? The username also had nothing to do with offending anyone, it's a funny name that I have created for various players in EA sports games I play and I though that I can't use Krammerhead on the board so I chose that.

As for those that have emailed me asking me to re-activate my southsiders site or mentioned they are interested in starting their own supporters site, I don't think they have a beef with the operator of the southsiders. Like I said, I haven't even met the people emailing me.

One more thing while I think about it. The first thing the present operator did after I agreed to remove my southsiders forum and let him take over (yeah lets not forget that if I hadn't been running the board for a few years there probably would have been nobody left in the southsiders) he went and created avatars of the Portland fans that had signed up by cutting and pasting penises in photos their faces. So really he shouldn't get all self righteous about things.

quote:So really he shouldn't get all self righteous about things.

Fair enough...

At any rate, Streets, try out the Southsiders forum. Lurk around for a bit. If you want to contribute, go ahead, if not don't worry about it.

It's good to have new people around to debate and share views with.

Back to footy...

Archived