Richard

Bay Area: Formiga, Christine Sinclair, Eriko Arakawa, Erika

Boston: Kelly Smith, Fabiana, Maycon, Shinobu Ohno

LA: Marta, Aya Miyama, Han Duan, Margret Lara Vidarsdottir

Washington: Homare Sawa, Sonia Bompastor, Lisa De Vanna, Louisa Necib

Chicago: Cristiane, Heather Garriock, Karen Carney, Caroline Jonsson

St. Louis: Daniela, Renata Costa, Lotta Schelin, Melissa Tancredi

Sky Blue: Sarah Walsh, Rosana, Ester, Kelly Parker

Ya know, i looked at that and thought "who the hell is Kelly Parker?". After i saw this the name sort of rung a bell:

http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/media/viewArtical.asp?Press_ID=2287〈=en

Midfielder – Kelly Parker (Ottawa Fury)

The 2004 W-League MVP finished in the top three in scoring for the third straight year with 37 points and 14 goals, both second in the league. She also finished third in assists this season with nine. Parker has a three-year total of 35 goals and 24 assists. She has helped lead the Fury to three straight semifinal appearances with the club boasting a three-year mark of 37-4-1 in the regular season. She has one cap with the Canadian National Team.

Has she been hurt the last 3 years? If not, why was this woman not on our NT at the WC and Olympics?!

Edit: http://www.canadasoccer.com/eng/nationals/profile.asp?playerid=369⊂=8

Get this, her only cap was in a pre-2003 WC friendly against Brasil. Coincidentally that's the last time i recall the women playing the ball primarily along the ground. (not that that was Parker's doing, but one of those things) Why didn't Pellerud use her at the '04 Olympic Q's?

^ I wouldn't believe a word I read at that site. Can someone tell me the last time Melissa Tancredi played midfield? That aside, Kelly Parker might just have 'too much Brasil' or does not like slumber parties. No good for la vida Pellerud.

She has not been hurt and left the Fury this season for Indiana... a true play making midfielder she would have got tired of the neck strain watching balls being played over her head with the nats...

Some more Bio snippets:

Parker was second in the W-League scoring race as a rookie in 2003, finishing with 32 points on 13 goals and six assists. In 2004, she was named the W-League's Most Valuable Player based on a vote by the team coaches and general managers.

After making history in 2004 by becoming the first player to finish in the top two in scoring in consecutive years at the top level of the W-League, she went a step further and was second with 37 points in 2005. She netted 14 goals (2nd) and dished out nine assists (t-2nd). She led the Fury to a 13-1 record in 2005 and a spot in the W-League finals.

Parker finished second in points and goals (18) in 2004 behind French international and former WUSA MVP Marinette Pichon, who registered 49 points and 21 goals in 10 games.

W-League standout for the past five seasons. The 2004 W-League Most Valuable Player and the 2007 W-League MVP runner-up has a five year total of 44 goals and 36 assists and is a four-time member of the W-League All-League team.

She picked up 13 points this summer in 14 games.

A post game interview from earlier this summer:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fc-indiana-vs-fw-fever-interview-kelly-parker/1302301548

I saw her play a couple times and I have heard others coaches talk about her. She is a world class player, maybe the best canadian player out there. She does'nt lack anything that the best players have including Marta. We will see how she does in the WPS and hopefully with the NAT team.

quote:Originally posted by Bill Ault

She has not been hurt and left the Fury this season for Indiana... a true play making midfielder she would have got tired of the neck strain watching balls being played over her head with the nats...

Some more Bio snippets:

Parker was second in the W-League scoring race as a rookie in 2003, finishing with 32 points on 13 goals and six assists. In 2004, she was named the W-League's Most Valuable Player based on a vote by the team coaches and general managers.

After making history in 2004 by becoming the first player to finish in the top two in scoring in consecutive years at the top level of the W-League, she went a step further and was second with 37 points in 2005. She netted 14 goals (2nd) and dished out nine assists (t-2nd). She led the Fury to a 13-1 record in 2005 and a spot in the W-League finals.

Parker finished second in points and goals (18) in 2004 behind French international and former WUSA MVP Marinette Pichon, who registered 49 points and 21 goals in 10 games.

W-League standout for the past five seasons. The 2004 W-League Most Valuable Player and the 2007 W-League MVP runner-up has a five year total of 44 goals and 36 assists and is a four-time member of the W-League All-League team.

She picked up 13 points this summer in 14 games.

A post game interview from earlier this summer:

http://video.aol.com/video-detail/fc-indiana-vs-fw-fever-interview-kelly-parker/1302301548

Pretty clear her composure and her analysis would not be welcomed by EP no wonder she was not selected to hook up as midfield duo with Matheson, gotta wonder just what kind of game we can play in the future if we hire a good state level coach out of Brasil for 50k per year....

Archived