Super Canucks

grigorio

Hey guys,

Sorry if this is a stupid question but I'm new to the Voyageurs scene and have only recently become a huge MNT follower. I've noticed a huge "Super Canucks" banner at games. Is that Voyageurs material, or something else? Either way it looks pretty sweet...

Well I think it's worth mentioning that pre-dates us. It was there for the Brazil game in Edmonton in 94 AIR. I've never met the guys who made it (AFAIK), but I think it's awesome they donated it to the cause.

cheers,

matthew

From the history thread:

http://www.canadian-soccer.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=12715&whichpage=2

vancanman

Yokohama/Vancouver

Canada

152 Posts

Posted - 06/27/2007 : 22:59:30 Show Profile Reply with Quote

The Super Canucks banner was made very hastily in one night. Its first match was Canada - Australia WCQ in Edmonton. Accompanying that banner was a very clever banner with a picture of a pipe with the words "Pipe out". How well did the Pipe Out banner work? Pipe was sacked 14 years later and the banner was removed by security before half time. The Super Canucks banner's next matches were friendlies in Toronto at Exhibition Stadium against Germany and then against Holland in the pouring rain, and the Dutch supporters used it as a tent...bastards. The next match was against Brazil just before the 1994 World Cup...

The Super Canucks banner made its début against Australia, 31 July 1993 in Edmonton. It was made in Vancouver and was the brainchild of a dentist currently living in smalltown Ontario. Thank you Grigorio for letting people know that it's been noticed, and I'm glad you've joined the cause.

Archived