Photos: Stade Saputo - the Southsiders experience

quote:Originally posted by Mpenza

So did you like the stadium?

Yeah, it's nice. They need more entrances and more washrooms (especially if they plan to expand for MLS), but it's a great foundation for things to come.

I am not looking forward to being stuck inside a dome on a rug for several years while we wait for our new Whitecaps stadium. :(

There is a entrance/exit they don't use right between the end stand and the one with the logo. I don't understand that.

And they could easily add another gate opening on Viau street, right behind the end stand.

Instead, they push everyone out the main gate, which gives for a huge traffic jam at the bottom of the covered stand, because players/staff need to walk from the pitch to the dressing rooms and they keep blocking the way for them to walk through. It happens during half-time too, with people trying to make their way to concession stands near the main gate.

quote:Originally posted by tmcmurph

Nice shots. Love the Foosball at the bar. That is how it should be between different fan groups.

Every time I see photos of Saputo's field I can't help but think "I've played snooker on worse surfaces!".

Hahaha! During the Open House day at SS, we where asking our selfs if we should take off our shoes before walking on the pitch.

It's really something special, I guess this proves that Italians know how to take care of their lawn... The only thing thats missing is some tomatoes on the sideline... [:P]

quote:Originally posted by Trident

The security did a good job.

Yes, I applaud how fast they took the bouncing Canada ball from the Canadian stands, but stood around with ****-eating grins as the St V fans taunted us with their flags in our section.

I wonder if they would have been all smiles if someone grabbed a St V flag and jammed it through their head ?

quote:Originally posted by Winnipeg Fury

Yes, I applaud how fast they took the bouncing Canada ball from the Canadian stands, but stood around with ****-eating grins as the St V fans taunted us with their flags in our section.

I wonder if they would have been all smiles if someone grabbed a St V flag and jammed it through their head ?

They're only doing their job; the security was in the right, in that situation. The ball poses a hazard.

Oh believe me, security were ready to pounce when the St-VAG guys were there. They were watching everybody. I was closely monitoring the situation (and trying not to get my eye poked out by the skinny guy waving his small flag on a wooden stick right next to me).

But hey... now we know the security at Saputo is willing to let opposing fans come wave flags IN section 114.

That would make for a good fireworks show if it were to happen at an Impact game. :D

Guest speedmonk42
quote:

So did you like the stadium?

quote:

Yeah, it's nice. They need more entrances and more washrooms

I feel so vindicated.

LOL

Archived