Gold Cup - International exposure

pulsar

As i have seen the gold cup on the fifa and concacaf websites, i was wondering how much international exposure this tournament merits? Are there reps from teams all over the world looking for fresh blood? I would like to think that players for the MNT that play on lesser known clubs would get a chance to showcase some of there talents in hopes of catching someones eye.

Think Ali has gotten some excellent exposure from the tournie so far. Showing himself off as the sort of player that can be fitted into most any scheme.

Issey maybe less so but he has impressed me at least. Pretty "balls-zee" player. Not a-feard of sticking his neck out or failing. Of course that's only good to a point but he seems to have found that line where his talents and abilities border his ambition and ego and he dances along it quite nicely.

Stock rising on both, but especially Ali. Not his biggest fan but he's doing good work out there and being productive so there's no denying him less than he's due.

Guest Jeffery S.

We of course get almost nothing in Spain as the league was still on, and the King's Cup is this weekend. More info on Libertadores as well, Riquelme playing his last games for Boca before being required to return to Villareal. Right now Spain could care less about Concacaf.

If Márquez had gone to play for Mexico we would have got just that much more.

I have not checked but I suspect that in Coruña a bit has been said about Julian with us, will take a look.

Archived